yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

Was at Forres, pretty impressive performance from County. Paton in particular shone, speed, passing and good reading of the game , is he strong enough for the premiership? We’ll find out but a talented footballer in any case. With all respect to Forres they didn’t seem up t9 the game unlike most friendless that I’ve seen with HL teams. Senior payers like Vigurs, Fontaine and Graham strolled it. all in all a good run pit fo4 the start of the season.

I would be very surprised if we don't finish in the top four after yesterday's results.

I would be very surprised if we don't finish in the top four after yesterday's results.

I think you’re underestimating us here. Anything below top spot could, and should, be considered an unsuccessful season after yesterday’s drubbing of two world powerhouses.

Declan McManus must be in with a shot of being the league's top scorer this season.

No DKD in either team? Is he on his way out or carrying a knock? Not that he’d be likely to drop down to league 1 but I’d take him back in a heartbeat. 

Falkirk fans seem to think hes heading back there but I wouldn't have thought you'd let him play in the Seaside Leagues unless you knew you were getting rid next summer.

On 25/06/2019 at 05:54, Comrie said:

Surprised to see Semple go, as I thought he was one signed for the future.

Needs to get game time and after an impressive 6 months at Queens he is well thought of there. So its back to Dumfries for me although I wish County every success this season.  A really fine club and I have enjoyed the hospitality

DKD on his way also.

Attracting interest from down South as a free agent as well as the Championship up here.

Another surprise if DKD leaves- obviously the gaffers feel he'd be a squad player again. Maybe the Championship will turn out to be his level, which is disappointing after he was one of the few highlights of 2017/2018.

34 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Another surprise if DKD leaves- obviously the gaffers feel he'd be a squad player again. Maybe the Championship will turn out to be his level, which is disappointing after he was one of the few highlights of 2017/2018.

He might be one of the players - along with Simple - who Ferguson implied wasn't prepared to fight for his place/wasn't able to offer enough.   I'm 90% certain they weren't expecting Semple to leave.

31 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He might be one of the players - along with Simple - who Ferguson implied wasn't prepared to fight for his place/wasn't able to offer enough.   I'm 90% certain they weren't expecting Semple to leave.

In Semple case it is very straight forward. At 20 years old does he play 7 or 8 Premiership games or play 40 to 50 games in the Championship this season?

That was the choice he had ..... Given to him by the club, and all credit to the club and managers for thinking about the players development.

Thankfully he decided that playing football matches is more important than sitting in the stands.

At 20 years old it is about getting as many first team games as possible. 

County would certainly have been more surprised if he had decided to sit in the stands every week picking up his salary.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Squad number klaxon: Ross Laidlaw will wear number 1.

Means heehaw, he was the only keeper here when he signed so he was always going to get it. 

Means heehaw, he was the only keeper here when he signed so he was always going to get it. 

Doesn’t surprise me though after some of the stops he made at Nairn on Saturday. Was quite impressive

Daniel Armstrong has apparently been sent back from Holland after breaking his Jaw in training.

My money’s on Joe Chalmers by TKO.

Brian Graham's no been feeling punchy again, has he?