yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

I am surprised by that. I thought he had done alright. Is yours a common view? Are you happy with ScottyMo on the left?

I'm not sure if it's a common view. To act like a teenage girl for one moment, he has the worst positional sense ever. Most of the time he's tucked in past the right-hand line of the 18 yard box. He gets a roasting when he does this and we have lost a few goals this season because of it. He's good going forward though, and offers something a bit different.

I like Morrison at full-back because he's pretty good going forward and is a good crosser of the ball. I don't like him defensively though, and I prefer Fitzpatrick when it comes to defending.

Same view as Yoda. Positioning is Morrison and especially Millers weak point.

That's why we had quite a long debate last season about the full-back positions (mainly left-back). On the right Miller is better going forward, Marr is better at defending and probably likewise for Morrison and Fitzpatrick.

Edited by staggy4life

Fitzpatrick wasn't that hot at defending either, I think it's just that he is taller and competes better than Mo at high balls that gives that perception.

For me, taking Morrison and Miller out of the team is a disaster. We lack natural width, and have plenty of midfielders that can help with defensive duties. Taking away our only two decent wide players took away most of our attacking options, and easily contributed towards our lack of goals for the year. If your CBs and GK are good enough, you can afford for your fullbacks to push up.

Plus, I'm a fan of the Ian Holloway School of Football, if we score more than they do, who the hell cares?

To start ahead of Gary Miller.

You're a smart man, Miller's rank rotten.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

I like Morrison at full-back because he's pretty good going forward and is a good crosser of the ball. I don't like him defensively though, and I prefer Fitzpatrick when it comes to defending.

I think Morrison's crossing ability is rather over-rated by some of our fans.

I don't know if he is coming anymore interview in the paper today and he said George Adams is on holiday so a decision won't be made til he is back. Also a few spl clubs are after him so a lot of convincing will need to be done

I don't know if he is coming anymore interview in the paper today and he said George Adams is on holiday so a decision won't be made til he is back. Also a few spl clubs are after him so a lot of convincing will need to be done

Don't panic, we might hear something in the evening papers.

I think Morrison's crossing ability is rather over-rated by some of our fans.

The last left-sided player at the club that could cross better than him was Hugh Robertson.

That's more of a reflection on the lack of genuine width in the team since before the Leitch era, than on the quality of Scotty Mo.

Hugh Robertson = Legend

Only video I can find of him in a County shirt.

Edited by staggy4life

i heard that derek might be looking for a player /as manager .And that Gavin Rae might be in the running if he doesn't go to Aberdeen. Or the Motherwell Captain ,his name escapes my at the moment.

Gavin swankie to us.. apparently

Can he play out in the wide areas? Suggests to me that Duncan isn't coming