Jump to content
yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

Recommended Posts

Good wee run-out played in good spirits today. Pleasing to see new guys settling in well, Mullin and Paton particularly caught my eye. Two Dingwalls worked well down the right in the second half, while Midge looked sharp. Ross Munro looks a very competent backup GK who seems comfortable with the ball at his feet too.

Was disappointed not to see Vigurs though. Where was he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Good wee run-out played in good spirits today. Pleasing to see new guys settling in well, Mullin and Paton particularly caught my eye. Two Dingwalls worked well down the right in the second half, while Midge looked sharp. Ross Munro looks a very competent backup GK who seems comfortable with the ball at his feet too.

Was disappointed not to see Vigurs though. Where was he?

Were there any goals scored, how many did each team get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vigurs was sat in the dugout with the others....
very impressed with mullin and Paton ,nice 3 nil ... Draper with the first and Fontaine with a double.. Midge looked sharp when he came on..
Dow was a bit meh as per . Bit worrying that strikers are not getting in on the goals but hopefully that will come,Billy come close a couple of times and looked fit and up for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Were there any goals scored, how many did each team get?

Draper opened scoring with Fonts adding a double in the second half. 3-0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team in each half looked like:

Fox

Fraser | Morris | Dykes | Kelly

Mullin | Draper | Paton | Keillor-Dunn

Morrison | Dow

---

Mckay | McManus

Gardyne | Lindsay | Dykes | T.Dingwall

Stelios | Fontaine | Watson | R.Dingwall

Munro

I was impressed by how well Fraser and Mullin linked up going forward.  Fontaine, Morris and Watson all looked as good as one another, but Nairn didn't have much attacking threat.  Watson had a good turn of recovery pace for a centre-back.  Dykes looked more comfortable as a centre-mid than a defender, naturally, but he produced some glorious diagonal balls out to the right from defence.  Paton continuously tried passes to open up angles, which I liked to see.  The announcer inadvertently pronounced Ryan Dow as D'oh - he had a couple of opportunities to nick in and score a goal if he showed an ounce of bravery but didn't.  Gardyne was the most productive attacker in open play.  Kelly did well on the overlap, and put in some drilled cross and a sweet shot across goal on the bounce that just missed the far post.  I think Mckay hit the post.  County's aerial superiority showed at set-pieces.

Edited by bunglebonce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

The team in each half looked like:

Fox

Fraser | Morris | Dykes | Kelly

Mullin | Draper | Paton | Keillor-Dunn

Morrison | Dow

---

Mckay | McManus

Gardyne | Lindsay | Dykes | T.Dingwall

Stelios | Fontaine | Watson | R.Dingwall

Munro

I was impressed by how well Fraser and Mullin linked up going forward.  Fontaine, Morris and Watson all looked as good as one another, but Nairn didn't have much attacking threat.  Watson had a good turn of recovery pace for a centre-back.  Dykes looked more comfortable as a centre-mid than a defender, naturally, but he produced some glorious diagonal balls out to the right from defence.  Paton continuously tried passes to open up angles, which I liked to see.  The announcer inadvertently pronounced Ryan Dow as D'oh - he had a couple of opportunities to nick in and score a goal if he showed an ounce of bravery but didn't.  Gardyne was the most productive attacker in open play.  Kelly did well on the overlap, and put in some drilled cross and a sweet shot across goal on the bounce that just missed the far post.  I think Mckay hit the post.  County's aerial superiority showed at set-pieces.

For how long has Dingwall Jr. been a right back?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fonts is our VC for next season. Good choice, imo.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to me like 2 x 442 again, with the line-ups mixed about from the Nairn game.   Dingwall at centre-mid first half and right-back second half; Dykes at centre-back once more.  The 'graduated' players are taking it in turns to do the full 90s in each friendly so far.

 

 

 

Edited by bunglebonce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank Google translate for the flawless summary of the game.

First real sporting test case of preparation gives victory for Domstedelingen: 2-0. FC Utrecht has booked a victory in the first real sporting test case of preparing for season 2018/2019. At the Thorbeckelaan in Utrecht the team of coach / coach Jean-Paul de Jong was 2-0 too strong for Ross County. Against the Scots the difference was made in the second half. It is a characteristic run by Patrick Joosten. Ball at the foot, water-smooth footwork. Too fast, it turns out, for his direct guard. Joosten threatens to pass the Scottish defender if he sticks his leg out. Joosten falls, Edwin van de Graaf whistles: penalty. The injury time of the match between FC Utrecht and Ross County has just started. Sander van de Streek takes care of the ping and does it skillfully: 2-0. The final signal immediately follows. FC Utrecht wins.

Tough Scots FC Utrecht has a tough opponent to Ross County. The Scots, who after a year's stay in the Premiership last season ended last as number and thus have to go through in the Championship, do not make the impression of wanting to score any costs. Consolidating and keeping everything in the back, that seems to be the main task of the former League Cup winner. That is well done by Ross County. FC Utrecht is only slightly near the goal defended by Scott Fox.

Van der Maarel again accurate It is for the suit of 400 spectators that FC Utrecht - Ross County prevail over, for example, the World Cup matches France - Uruguay and Belgium - Brazil wait until shortly after the break until it just falls to DHSC. Defender Mark van der Maarel heads from a corner: 1-0. In the remainder of the game, FC Utrecht will continue to dominate, but it is only in the closing stages of the game that the margin can be doubled.

Training camp at the door With three friendly victories and a lot of training work in the legs, FC Utrecht will make the trip to Austria next week. From 10 to 17 July, the team of coach Jean-Paul de Jong will organize a training camp there. The next steps in the run up to the competition start have to be taken.

FC Utrecht - Ross County 2-0 (0-0) 53. Mark van der Maarel 1-0 90 + 1. Sander of the Zone 2-0 Yellow cards: Lukas Görtler (FC Utrecht) and Liam Fontaine (Ross County). Spectators: 400. Referee: Edwin van de Graaf.

Line up FC Utrecht: David Jensen; Giovanni Troupée (62. Othmane Boussaid), Ramon Leeuwin (62. Ruben Hoogenhout), Willem Janssen (62. Robin Zwartjens), Mark van der Maarel (62. Leon Guwara); Anouar Kali (62. Rico Strieder), Sean Klaiber (62. Joris van Overeem), Urby Emanuelson (62. Odysseus Velanas), Simon Gustafson (62. Sander van de Streek); Gyrano Church (62. Lukas Görtler), Cyriel Dessers (62. Patrick Joosten).

Line up Ross County: Scott Fox (87. Russ Monro); Marcus Fraser (79. Stelios Demetriou), Sean Kelly, Liam Fontaine (58. Keith Watson), Callum Morris; Ross Draper (73. Dylan Dykes), Jamie Lindsay (87. Russell Dingwall), Ryan Dow (73. Davis Keillor - Dunn), Tony Dingwall (58. Josh Mullin); Michael Gardyne (73. Harry Paton), Billy McKay (58. Declan McManus).

Edited by Staggie52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

okay so we were pretty negative it would seem. Also note that they'd already played three friendlies so are maybe a bit further on in their preparations  than County are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

okay so we were pretty negative it would seem. Also note that they'd already played three friendlies so are maybe a bit further on in their preparations  than County are.

It’s not necessarily negative to defend against better teams especially away from home. In this instance I imagine that the whole team got good experience in defending against good opposition. 

If we’re going to build from the back we’re going to need defenders who are comfortable under pressure. Maybe that’s what was the whole point of the two games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never read anything into pre season friendlies, but this team is crying out for a reliable goal scorer and a winger.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Never read anything into pre season friendlies, but this team is crying out for a reliable goal scorer and a winger.

 

We need pace in the squad and a striker who will break the deadlock when team sit in against us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours down here that you are close to signing Don Cowie from us.

Edited by Tony Wonder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Rumours down here that you are close to signing Don Cowie from us.

He's building a house back up north apparently so wouldn't be surprised if it was in some sort of part playing/ part coaching capacity. Although we have a glut of CMs so not sure he's strictly needed at this point from a playing pint of view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowie to return as a co-co-manager establishing our very own Triumvirate? Food for thought, certainly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...