yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

A Dow assist for the winner- I'm living in some dreamland where Owen Coyle is a an almost forgotten nightmare, surely?

32 minutes ago, Comrie said:

A Dow assist for the winner- I'm living in some dreamland where Owen Coyle is a an almost forgotten nightmare, surely?

Owen who ??

McManus was brilliant apart from his finishing, again.  Mckay was very quiet and didn't look at the same level of performance by comparison - I've seen him play brilliantly for County under SFSK so why is it only happening sparingly?  Lindsay is growing into a fine midfielder.  County were the better side overall but they were too 'boxy' in their shape and predictable with their 442 at times - there wasn't enough of the fluid movement among the front four compared to the Elgin match and they were easily marked at times.

Daft, daft penalty to concede which arrived from County doddling with the ball on the edge of their own box before being intercepted and forcing a challenge.  I'd never seen Fox save a pen during 90 minutes before, so the double-save was great to witness and hopefully that is the beginning of better form for him this season.  Gardyne should have had a penalty of his own from a shoulder barge by Murdoch in the box.

Dow did more in fewer than 10 mins than Mckay did in the rest of the match.  A couple of twists before a lovely cross from the right found Jamie Lindsay, who arrived late unmarked between the centre-backs, Kettlewell-style.  I'd be happy to see more of McManus and Dow together, because McManus and Mckay didn't seem to strike up a partnership (very early days for that yet though).

Agree about Mckay. I also thought Dingwall contributed to the movement on Saturday, there was certainly less of it today. Hopefully Dow will continue in this form, he could be a better asset than many thought.

I thought Watson was very good, too, what great recovery pace.  McMullan is quick but Watson got goal side of him every time United tried to play a ball in behind.  McMullan's only snatched shot was when he turned Morris.

Drapes and Lindsay WILL form a good partnership this season. Bare in mind, we’ve beaten title contenders without Vigurs in central midfield, and Fontaine in central defence. Dec McManus looking like an upgrade on Craig Curran too. Really looking forward to this season.

Have to say I’ve not felt that good walking away from the stadium for a good while. Albeit we only won 1-0 but if that’s one of our contenders for the league this year, I’ll be extremely confident. We dominated everything, only disappointment I have is that we don’t get a few more shots on goal especially outside the box. Fox saving that penalty so early in the season will do his confidence wonders. The celebration pile up of every player showed the passion they had last night, that goal felt great. Ketts on the side celebrating like everyone in the stand shows me all I need to know about his commitment and desire for this club! Lindsay McManus Mullins Watson and Morris were superb. DKD and Ryan Dow also excellent when they came on, Fergwell will have a dilemma who to start between the wingers! Brilliant win! Buzzing

9 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

Let's just get the name Mullin right from the start. It is Mullin. Without an 's'.

And another point: - Ryan Dow Rules btw.

That's all for now.

No it isn't.  We need a formal ruling on the shorthand moniker we give our management team.  I've seen Fergiewell, Ferguswell, Kettleson, SFSK (SKSF is also an option), and now Fergwell.    Which is it to be?   I was firmly in the Kettleson camp, but SFSK makes them sound like the sort of central European team that would hammer St Johnstone (other teams have lost badly) in the pre-pre-pre qualifiers for the Europa League.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

No it isn't.  We need a formal ruling on the shorthand moniker we give our management team.  I've seen Fergiewell, Ferguswell, Kettleson, SFSK (SKSF is also an option), and now Fergwell.    Which is it to be?   I was firmly in the Kettleson camp, but SFSK makes them sound like the sort of central European team that would hammer St Johnstone (other teams have lost badly) in the pre-pre-pre qualifiers for the Europa League.

SKSF has a slightly more remote Eurasian ring to it...

59 minutes ago, Defender said:

Any highlights to be seen of the Dundee United match?

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

side note -  there has been an improvement in the social media posting recently from the club (not great but better than it was) so maybe we'll see the return of some form of highlights from the club, but for the time being.......nope.

2 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

side note -  there has been an improvement in the social media posting recently from the club (not great but better than it was) so maybe we'll see the return of some form of highlights from the club, but for the time being.......nope.

I've noticed that as well.  It only really amounts to photographs of training - which I'm slightly surprised the managers allowed - but it's a definite improvement from the absolutely nothing we got last year.  

Highlights are on ArabZone, if you sign up and/or pay the sub.

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

You could set up a poll. Then anyone who gives a thingy can give their preference.

Spoiler

Then people whose choice was not the most popular can still undermine consistency by using a different moniker anyway.