The General Ross County Chat Thread

I'm surprised at how quiet the transfer window has been for Ross County this January so far. Craig Curran signed and scored on his debut; Ibra Sekajja is on trial.

Michael Gardyne's loan finishes on Monday, after the St Mirren game. Paul Quinn's contract expires a week Sunday, after the Celtic game. I don't have dates for Lewis Toshney or Martin Woods ("the end of January" from various sources).

McIntyre has stated to press that he is keen on extending Gardyne's stay and it's with Dundee United now. They've just released Mark Wilson, I wonder if County are hoping for the same with Gardyne imminently.

The papers last week claimed Woods had signed and terms are with Quinn, but McIntyre told STV at the end of last week that Woods hadn't signed yet.

I think/hope there will be some movement towards the end of the week.

Did I hear correctly on The Terrace that County (and Saint Mirren) have fewer points at this stage than the infamous Gretna did a few years back?

Edited by RiG

That's not quite true, but it's not far away.

St Mirren have 11 points after 21 games; Gretna had 10 points after 21 games. County have 11 points after 20 games.

If St Mirren don't win on Saturday, they'll have 11-12 points after 22 games, when Gretna had 13 after 22.

Gretna earned 23 points over the whole season, but suffered a points deduction and finished on 13.

Edited by bunglebonce

Woods signing until the end of the season is on the official site. It's not date stamped, but I assume the story was posted after McIntyre said the deal wasn't done yet. You can never be 100% sure after the Ben Gordon situation last summer though!

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/news/martin-woods-signing-news/

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell