The General Ross County Chat Thread

The question about McIntyre's signings isn't really if they're good enough, because it was after the transfer window. They were short term, and the only real question is if they were better than the ones they replaced.

Reckord better than Celcer? By a country mile.

Toshney, Quinn, Barr? All far better than Dreeson or Fenlon (Not sure about Balk, as he had potential).

Woods and Dunfield were brought in due to our loss of midfielders to injury i.e. Rocco & what was supposed to be Brittain by now.

The de Leeuw stuff was unfortunate, but just a matter of time regardless of who the manager was.

The signings so far were a case of trying to make do and mend with the best of what was left both in the team and on the market, then it was just throwing shite at the wall and hoping some of it would stick.

I've not been overly impressed by McIntyre so far but to a large degree his hands have been very much tied. The next couple of weeks will go a long way to showing us if he's up to it or not. The loss of Arquin doesn't concern me too much, as he was very hit and miss and moody. I'm a little more concerned about this guy Curran that he's brought in, but you just never know. How many times did we say similar about some of the guys Adams brought in, and some of them did turn out to be something special (of course a lot of them turned out to be utter shite too).

Edited by Spain

Arquin was our best striker. I've never seen this Curran bloke, so he may be even better. But we've now got no flair players at all, other than Dingwall. We deserve relegation.

What about Gardyne? Id also call Cardle and Maatsen as much flair players as I would Arquin...

If we finish bottom we deserve go down, still a few months to go yet. Keeping the toys in the pram for now (I need them to cheer me up).

Edited by dingdong1929

I don't want to watch a team full of Dunfields, but that would be preferable to a team full of Arquins. At the moment those look like the two options. Give me hoofball with some graft over objectively better players who are infuriatingly inconsistent. Let's be honest, the end result will be the same.

What we really is need is a team of Kettlewells.

Anyone else had enough of the trolls and general idiocy on OTB just now? Seems worse than ever, presumably because of the particularly dire straits we find ourselves in. Things seem to be a bit more measured over here at least.

Edited by Forfinn

I'll be honest, I've let slip a bit with the holidays and everything. I'll try to get back on some troll-hunting but it's not that easy. Sometimes genuine fans can really be that stupid.

I'll be honest, I've let slip a bit with the holidays and everything. I'll try to get back on some troll-hunting but it's not that easy. Sometimes genuine fans can really be that stupid.

I think it is more genuine fans to be honest. Some seem like they have only followed us in the last 3 years.

Just need to take it with a pinch of salt.

Aye, gettin weary of the "worst team ive ever seen" line. Really? How long have these guys been watching football for.

Some of the tactical shouts and player choices are funny, as are the cliche-driven emo posts dripping in exclamation marks.

The couple guys who keep backing up each other's bitter bitter posts are the biggest pain in the arse. Zoomers gettin a bit of catharsis. Better than them kicking the cat though. I like cats.

What are your boys thoughts on Jackson Irvine? He's easily the worst player I've seen at Dens this season.. and Frazer Wrights been here.

Scottish Cup Winner Frazer Wright?

He is our best midfielder, with a great engine. Surprised at that comment

Irvine gave the ball away a fair bit with careless passing today. He's had better games in that sense. But he got himself about and probably covered more yards than anyone on the pitch.

I've seen much worse players this season.

Yes. He's awful.

He's really not, you're likely just too dense to admit that though.

FWIW I agree about Irvine, looked miles out his depth this season at McDiarmid and his attempts at passing was hilarious. A complete headless chicken.