The General Ross County Chat Thread

So, an interesting weekend:

A fair amount of rumours doing the rounds, with us being one of a number of clubs linked with Scott Arfield.

Andre's not looking to go elsewhere, his decision is whether he's going to come back at all as he was apparently homesick.

Papers have been drawn up for a couple more signings but I haven't heard who yet.

And most importantly, County spanked Caley in the fans derby match to maintain their 100% record 8)

All is good in the world.

That would be a blow if he decides not to come back. If he doesn't, what a way to sign-off.

Not sure when Del's back from his holidays, but hopefully we'll hear more when he is. They also genuinely don't know what Oiko's thoughts are on his offer and are just waiting to see.

I read in the press last week that the players who signed in January have contracts which expire at the end of June, rather than May like the rest of the squad before them. Not that it matters much post-Bosman.

I suspect that'll be a case of at least matching whatever deals they were on in Europe before they left their contracts for us, as many over there appear to finish in June instead for some reason. (That's why De Leeuw hasn't officially joined us yet). That wouldn't have applied to Andre though. I suppose a 6 month contract makes more sense than a 5 month one anyway though.

The unreliable Twitter rumours today are Scott Arfield and Danny Grainger.

If there were any mileage in the Danny Grainger rumour, that would suggest Oikonomou is offski.

If there were any mileage in the Danny Grainger rumour, that would suggest Oikonomou is offski.

Granger is doing pre-season with Sheffield United.

I heard at the weekend that Donnie is still busy drafting up papers for a few signings and that Derek's still on the phone a lot despite being on holiday.

I'm hopeful of some movement this week.

Well, I may have jumped the gun when I said that were planning on cancelling the Man Utd game. With the pitchworks ahead of schedule, it looks like we're going to give this one the go-ahead after-all.

My only real concern which TJE & I happened to be discussing yesterday, is that we're intending on tramping the crane for the steelwork erection accross the pitch on temporary road tracks (like that used at festivals). Not sure how well that will go.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but are you planning on completing the North section of the East Stand? I know it's probably not required for capacity but the Victoria Park redevelopment is excellent and this would finish it off perfectly.

Looking forward to a trip there next season - a lot of changes since I was last there a few years ago!

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but are you planning on completing the North section of the East Stand? I know it's probably not required for capacity but the Victoria Park redevelopment is excellent and this would finish it off perfectly.

Looking forward to a trip there next season - a lot of changes since I was last there a few years ago!

That's exactly the section I'm talking about above. We took down the "Wendy House" and are extending the East Stand towards the corner to complete the look, and give us an additional 650 seats. Should look a delightful wee stadium when done.

Thought that may be what you were mentioning but couldn't be bothered going back pages to check. Thanks for the info - will be a great wee stadium when finished, retaining a lot of character and the right size for you. I'm a wee bit jealous...

We were lucky they'd gotten shot of the ridiculous 10,000 all seater rule. Though I'm still in the huff at having to put seats in the Jail End.