The General Ross County Chat Thread

Amazing performance from everyone involved at the club. Just unbelievable really. Even as recently as December I'd have said I'll be happy to take 11th place.

Remarkable.

Just looking at the table, if the top six stays at it is, I think at least one team will have to come to Dingwall for a 3rd time this season. There are probably more factors to take into consideration than I have worked out though.

1. Celtic (2H, 1A)

2. Motherwell (2H, 1A)

3. ICT (1H, 2A)

4. The glorious Ross County FC

5. St J (2H, 1A)

6. Killie (2H, 1A)

----------------

7. Aberdeen (1H, 2A)

8. Dundee Utd (1H, 2A)

9. Hibs (2H, 1A)

If we are only getting 2 more home games, then ICT and Aberdeen should both take in 6,000+ crowds for us. I wouldn't mind a day out in Edinburgh though, especially if that turns out to be the end of season fancy dress day.

The other factors needing taken into account are that for the first 33, we got 16 home games & 17 away meaning by rights we should be due 3 home games. But we all know it may not work out like that.

1. Celtic (17H, 16A)

2. Motherwell (17H, 16A)

3. ICT (17H, 16A)

4. The glorious Ross County FC (16H, 17A)

5. St J (16H, 17A)

6. Killie (16H, 17A)

----------------

7. Aberdeen (17H, 16A)

8. Dundee Utd (16H, 17A)

9. Hibs (16H, 17A)

So as it stands, Us, St. Johnstone & Kilmarnock SHOULD get 3 home games each. You would expect one of them to be ICT at home.

Ideally, I'd like it if Aberdeen made top 6 though and our fixture list ended up Motherwell (H), St. Johnstone (A), ICT (H), Celtic (H), Aberdeen (A). Best chance of points from each game there, plus Pittodrie on the last day would be a decent away trip.

Right, based on the top six as is, I've done the sums. And it comes out with only one fair solution for Home/Away numbers:

Celtic - Motherwell (h), ICT (a), County (a), St. Johnstone (h), Kilmarnock (a).

Motherwell - Celtic (a), ICT (a), County (h), St. Johnstone (a), Kilmarnock (h).

ICT - Celtic (h), Motherwell (h), County (a), St. Johnstone (a), Kilmarnock (a).

County - Celtic (h), Motherwell (a), ICT (h), St. Johnstone (a), Kilmarnock (h).

St. Johnstone - Celtic (a), Motherwell (h), ICT (h), County (h), Kilmarnock (a).

Kilmarnock - Celtic (h), Motherwell (a), ICT (h), County (a), St. Johnstone (h).

This is what the fair fixture list should be, but don't be surprised to see it twisted to prevent Celtic having to come north twice.

Right, based on the top six as is, I've done the sums. And it comes out with only one fair solution for Home/Away numbers:

Celtic - Motherwell (h), ICT (a), County (a), St. Johnstone (h), Kilmarnock (a).

Motherwell - Celtic (a), ICT (a), County (h), St. Johnstone (a), Kilmarnock (h).

ICT - Celtic (h), Motherwell (h), County (a), St. Johnstone (a), Kilmarnock (a).

County - Celtic (h), Motherwell (a), ICT (h), St. Johnstone (a), Kilmarnock (h).

St. Johnstone - Celtic (a), Motherwell (h), ICT (h), County (h), Kilmarnock (a).

Kilmarnock - Celtic (h), Motherwell (a), ICT (h), County (a), St. Johnstone (h).

This is what the fair fixture list should be, but don't be surprised to see it twisted to prevent Celtic having to come north twice.

Was doing something similar.

This is probably the only fair split.

Happy with fixtures because

1. ICT and Celtic at home is good for the club.

2. The reaction of Lennnon and Shiels to having to come to the frozen north more than they expected.

On the downside, we will have to watch Killie's brand of football. (United or Aberdeen would pip Killie if they fail to win eithe of their last 2 games)

Was doing something similar.

This is probably the only fair split.

Happy with fixtures because

1. ICT and Celtic at home is good for the club.

2. The reaction of Lennnon and Shiels to having to come to the frozen north more than they expected.

On the downside, we will have to watch Killie's brand of football. (United or Aberdeen would pip Killie if they fail to win eithe of their last 2 games)

Yeah, I can't be arsed working it out if it was Aberdeen, United or Hibs.

Edit: Unless Killie lose tomorrow night, then I might figure out the alternatives.

Edited by Spain

Congrats to County, well done lads.

Just a quick question. What's ur travelling support been like to say Killie or M'Well this season in comparison to going to Ayr or Airdrie in previous seasons in terms of numbers. Roughly. Cheers

Edited by 10menwent2mow

Congrats to County, well done lads.

Just a quick question. What's ur travelling support been like to say Killie or M'Well this season in comparison to going to Ayr or Airdrie in previous seasons in terms of numbers. Roughly. Cheers

Last season County played both games away at Ayr midweek. The first game there must have been less than 40 away fans. The second game was the championship celebrations and there was probably around 250-300 from memory.

Against Kilmarnock this season, the away attendance was 168. Against Motherwell it was given as 154.

I have no idea about Airdrie.

A nice bit of dignity and respect from Del there. Kenny Cameron should take note.

I have no issue with the players, Manager and backroom staff at ICT.

Kenny Cameron, Grassa Bennett and Richard Smith don't have any class between them. I don't know which one is worse...........ok I do its Kenny who wins a photo finish with Grassa.