The General Ross County Chat Thread

New County song I just decided to make due to boredom.

OHHHHHHH Paul Lawson, he's a midfielder, he's got a big ass, can pick out a pass and every game he's fucking class, drives around Dingwall in the County Vengabus.

Repeat until exhaustion.

We'll do this one tomorrow, Spain?

Roy was quoted in the P&J today as saying they will soon be looking at re-signing the existing squad. Please do!

At times like this I like to put a witty youtube link up which expresses my thoughts more eloquently than I ever could.

We'll do this one tomorrow, Spain?

If I can remember the words, why the hell not. How far is the Nether Inn from the ground? You lot planning on staying there as long as you can or heading to the ground sharp?

Roy was quoted in the P&J today as saying they will soon be looking at re-signing the existing squad. Please do!

I saw this too, glad to hear it's officially on the agenda now! I'm hearing that Roy is keen to loosen the purse strings a bit more for next season too.

I seen TJE's Tweet saying that Roy is planning on extending the East and West stands as well in the Summer. Obviously the East Stand can be extended where the gazebo currently is, but I'm not sure where the West Stand can be extended to, unless we are going to add another tier?

I don't know why further stadium expansion is needed at all, the current capacity seems about right as it is imo. I would rather see cash invested in the team rather than empty seats.

I seen TJE's Tweet saying that Roy is planning on extending the East and West stands as well in the Summer. Obviously the East Stand can be extended where the gazebo currently is, but I'm not sure where the West Stand can be extended to, unless we are going to add another tier?

There's a wee bit of space to extend toward the Jailend, I assume.

Mentioned at fans forum tonight that the club will completely renew the pitch in the summer, at present it is a 50/50 sand/soil mix which isn't working. They will go for all sand sub-surface to help drainage

We mentioned numerous times to the board that the pitch should be built up with silica sand by a foot or two like Old Trafford. If only they listened. I should be an engineer. Oh wait, I am! <_<

I don't know why further stadium expansion is needed at all, the current capacity seems about right as it is imo. I would rather see cash invested in the team rather than empty seats.

I'd be very surprised if the West stand was increased any-time soon, unless of course it was to squeeze in a bar/social club kinda thing.

The East stand would be relatively simple to extend, and I would suggest that they could consider incorporating more corporate boxes in it with some tweaking to the Victoria Suite/Kitchen/HFA offices. After-all, hospitality and corporate boxes are difficult to come by these days due to their popularity. County have sold out hospitality to every league game for years now.

If I can remember the words, why the hell not. How far is the Nether Inn from the ground? You lot planning on staying there as long as you can or heading to the ground sharp?

It's close to the train station so it's a half hour walk from the ground! There is a taxi rank across the road from Nether Inn so we normally just get a taxi about half an hour before the match.

While I appreciate a certain degree of caution, this is absurd. We WILL lose more players than just Richard Brittain if we don't start offering them new deals.

Considering what we have, I'm stunned that Derek doesn't want to build on that & seems fine to risk losing multiple key parts.

I don't have the paper in front of me, but Del was quoted in the P&J saying that contract negotiations for current players will happen only when he decides, with the writer suggesting that will be when safety is guaranteed.

Motivated employees. Good on you, Del. Del, the Wonder Dog. That's what he's called. Bit like Lassie, but much more butch.

And a wee dig at RB? "Richard has made his decision to move, but he might be questioning himself now as to why he is moving to St Johnstone after seeing how well we have progressed here".

Maybe trying to get something extra out of him on Saturday. Like a corner that clears the first man, some might say, but not me.

Edited by StuartTaylor