The General Ross County Chat Thread

Regarding Forwards and whether we have enough of them, I'd count Sproule as a Forward. In the Second half on Wednesday he was playing alongside or further forward than Fans Favourite Morrow for at least a while (by my watch). He can finish.

We have Ross, Glenn, FF Morrow, WoolFart & Sproule. None too shabby.

Cooper Vigurs, Quinn and even Brittain are good in Really Quite Forward roles too.

If we had any more Forwards, at least 1 or 2 of them would rarely / never get a game. So we're no better off. Players, especially Forwards, need to get a decent run of appearances to be at their best.

Totally agree, was beginning to worry I was a minority of 1 for a while.

I'd agree we ideally should improve the quality, but not the number.

I used to criticise him a lot (along with most others) when he posted as Highlander29 for being a tube. Guessing he still holds a grudge...

Posted earlier but it's gone...

With Highlander, once he's made his point people will just take the opposite side as he can be such a cock. So if he's trying to wind you up this could be great PR for you :)

Posted earlier but it's gone...

With Highlander, once he's made his point people will just take the opposite side as he can be such a cock. So if he's trying to wind you up this could be great PR for you :)

I remember he resigned twice in a week, it was tearful.

What's his beef with you? Seems pretty pointless...

I used to criticise him a lot (along with most others) when he posted as Highlander29 for being a tube. Guessing he still holds a grudge...

But everyone used to criticise him, because he talked pish and was a cock about it..... Actually, scrap that, he talks pish and is a cock.

Why the obsession with you...... Mancrush?

Edited to add, appears I should have read the other posts.... This has already been suggested.

Edited by stirling_staggie

Right, one of my latest brainwaves is that for new song material we should maybe try using some traditional Highland songs. I haven't done very well so far though. The only one I've got so far is a re-hash of Kishorn Commandos:

We're the County Commandos,

We come from Easter Ross.

We always savour victory,

We never mourn a loss.

And we're only singing,

Because we're on the sauce.

Remember we're the County Commandos.

We're the County Commandos,

We're not from round your way.

We always follow County,

From June right through to May.

We'd rather see the Caley lose,

Than win on any day.*

Remember we're the County Commandos

There is of course alternatives to calling ourselves the "County Commandos", but you get the idea. So I pass my latest idea over to you lot... Have fun ;)

* :ph34r:

Edited by Spain