The General Ross County Chat Thread

Looking forward to Wednesdays match... :D

For supposedly his old man to randomly post something like that? I'm hoping that's good news!

The Pitch

Anyone got an accurate update of it's condition.

A less than trustworthy source told me today it was a mess in the problem area and Wednesday may not go ahead.

I'm hearing pretty bad things about the pitch too from some very reliable sources. Hopefully the game goes ahead though, I've got some extra digging to do with one of my sources that I'll only see at the game.

Edit: I guess if the work permit has gone through this week, we can believe that bloke really is his old man.

Edited by Spain

I initally thought it was the German guy but it wasn't.

It looked a bit like him, but I'm not convinced either. It certainly wasn't Hainault, although it looked to me like Hainault was in the clip with his back to us near the start. Hainault was however wearing #13 in Marbella, so who know's what's happening.

Could Uncle Roy not get Hainault a permit to work a cushy job at Global and he can then play for County as a ringer, a la Mr Burns' baseball team?

Homer_at_the_Bat.jpg

Well well, Lionel Messi from Argentina

I heard some kids went missing in Argentina and they never solved the case. But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you, Lionel?

Yep, can't wait to see how he does either. Sounds a very decent signing by all accounts. I now also fully believe the fella on OTB that claims to be his old man. I notice it doesn't say how long the contract is, but it was reported beforehand to only be a 6 monther. Hopefully he'll turn out to be decent and we can sign him up for longer.

And Del definitely said on MFR that he expected to bring in more, but hopefully he didn't only mean Hainault by that, as we sorely need another striker. Morrow and Glen simply aren't going to cut it. Ross is showing great potential, but we're all hoping The Wolf and another will be the answer.

Right, a couple of updates. The pitch is apparently playable but heavily sanded in the problem area.

The Wolf is not completely "in shape" at the moment, suggested that he's carrying a bit more weight than he should be. But as I said in the January Transfers thread, he's apparently that big and strong that once he gets the ball, he's very difficult to get it back from.

And the other bit of news I have is that both Ketts and Jimmy are set to play in the U20's game today.