The General Ross County Chat Thread

Anyone else not managing to get onto OTB?

It was working for most of yesterday, intermittently in the evening, and then gave up the ghost completely later on. Not worked for me at all so far today. Anyone know what's going on?

Aye, Bruno was a psycho from my memory too. Class, but a psycho. But then, you've not met my mum.

That was a great game, the comeback in the 2nd half and seeing all the old HIghland League boys playing so well and enjoying their football was tremendous. One of the best match experiences of my young life, bizarrely for a friendly. Glad I remembered it was 4-4, remembered the goal-scorers but the actual result was hazy. Cheers forkboy

I was at that game too. I remember Dave McPherson was an absolute giant...

Even though it was just a friendly, that game is one of my fondest County memories.

"Did you know gullible isn't in the dictionary?"

"That's because they shoved it right up your fuckin arse!"

Still makes me laugh, mainly because of the venomous delivery.

(Had to be there...)

Edited by dingdong1929

OTB is back up now, or was about 5 mins ago when I checked.

Aye, working for me now too.

In retrospect though, I quite enjoyed not having to read some of the pish that's on there. Seems to be a tight competition going on at the moment to see who's the biggest arsehole. Some of them are making H29 seem like a delightful poster in comparison.

Aye, working for me now too.

In retrospect though, I quite enjoyed not having to read some of the pish that's on there. Seems to be a tight competition going on at the moment to see who's the biggest arsehole. Some of them are making H29 seem like a delightful poster in comparison.

That "LauchlansLeftBoot" character being the worst of them. Blatantly an ICT troll, reeks of TSNY.

That "LauchlansLeftBoot" character being the worst of them. Blatantly an ICT troll, reeks of TSNY.

The worst of many though. OTB used to be great for reasonable rumours and sensible discussions. Now it's just a pissing contest. dry.gif

The worst of many though. OTB used to be great for reasonable rumours and sensible discussions. Now it's just a pissing contest. dry.gif

It's been worse than it is now and it will get better....... the fucknuggets that are causing the issues will eventually get ignored and will leave (like h29), hope it's happens soon, what else am I supposed to do on my lunch hour?

Edited by stirling_staggie

It's been worse than it is now and it will get better....... the fucknuggets that are causing the issues will eventually get ignored and will leave (like h29), hope it's happens soon, what else am I supposed to do on my lunch hour?

Comes in waves I suppose. Once things level out a bit, some will probably stop paying so much attention and disappear.

McMenamin tweeting that he's away.

While I think it's the right thing for both parties, I'm still a little bit sad, he was a huge part of those great memories from last season. That starting 11 that picked itself is gradually dismantling, Miller, Morrison, Gardyne, McMenamin and soon Brittain.

McMenamin tweeting that he's away.

While I think it's the right thing for both parties, I'm still a little bit sad, he was a huge part of those great memories from last season. That starting 11 that picked itself is gradually dismantling, Miller, Morrison, Gardyne, McMenamin and soon Brittain.

A9 for the last time? Being a bit pessimistic there Colin. If the rumours are true and he's off to Morton, he should at be aiming to be coming up the road at least 6 times next season (if he's got another season in him).

Agreed, it's a shame to see our "Invincibles" disappearing, but it was almost inevitable. If we're to consolidate ourselves as an SPL side then we need to keep looking forward and keep building just as we did last season. The "Invincibles" themselves were a team that was gradually built over a few seasons with Fraser, Munro & McMenamin all being new for last season. The nature of the game I'm afraid.

I am quite surprised at how ruthless Del has been in ditching players over the past month. Hopefully he is also working hard at getting more of the squad signed up beyond the end of this season.

I've been told that the policy at the club in the summer was to "give all the players who got us to the SPL time to prove themselves there", whereas now those that haven't are being cut free to allow us to "build for life in the SPL".

By that I mean, it appears this was always part of the plan.

Edited by Spain

I am quite surprised at how ruthless Del has been in ditching players over the past month. Hopefully he is also working hard at getting more of the squad signed up beyond the end of this season.

Frankly, I was a wee bit concerned in the summer when we didn't really make any big changes, I wondered if they were being too sentimental if anything. But that said, with Dundee in the league it wasn't as if we'd be the only team in the SPL with a mostly First Division side so I can see why they gave those boys 5/6 months to prove if they can handle it in the top flight.

But yeah, resigning players needs to be a priority now. Losing Brittain is a real blow (& frankly I don't care what the club says, negotiations with him should have begun long before he could talk to other clubs), losing Vigurs will compound that, so lets work at getting other important players to stay.