The General Ross County Chat Thread

Thought the atmosphere was ok, I was certainly singing although near me in the jailend are tons of bloody kids. Wonder if they would consider a family section, sometimes i swear by accident in the heat of battle and I kept getting dirty looks from the parents near me...

Thought the atmosphere was ok, I was certainly singing although near me in the jailend are tons of bloody kids. Wonder if they would consider a family section, sometimes i swear by accident in the heat of battle and I kept getting dirty looks from the parents near me...

Had same problem sat in East Stand. My commentary for one ball bouncing around the box was "f**k f**k f**k f**k FUUUCK!!! Shiit... thank f**k for that". With my mum in the group and heaps of random kids around. I have no internal monologue at the best of times. Completely goes out the window at County games. Also felt the usual singers were spread too far around the ground. Before the redevelopment we could just congregate in the jailend and recreate Hampden in the 60s (:ph34r: ) but Saturday was much more difficult to start anything, unless the team were doing the inspiring. Not really a complaint, just an observation. I imagine it will settle out soon enough.

I dont see a 'need' to swear at the match either, I dont feel as though I'm fulfilling something by swearing. Also genuinely dont swear in a bid to seem big, tough or clever. I dont think I do anything to appear any of those things... (apart from when I'm threatened by a predator, then I take a deep breath till I'm Mark Haro-sized and spit in their eyes). I'm just a bit emotive with a large vocabulary :ph34r: The punchiest, most emotive words tending to be swear words.

To be honest, I imagine Roy would disapprove of a few things I do if he was ever asked, but I dont think he'd stop me attending County games ;)

EDIT - this discussion appearing maybe highighting/reiterating a need for a family section where people who dont want any or all of swearing, drunkeness etc can be seated.

A general consensus where to congregate amongst regulars who typically create an atmosphere is maybe further up the list. Felt sorry for Stirlingshire Staggie when he was trying with his drum and only a handful of folk around us were joining in, especialy after the run-in last season where we could all get together on the terrace and make a much better job of it. Teething troubles now we're one of the big boys in an all-seater stadia I suppose :)

Edited by dingdong1929

A general consensus where to congregate amongst regulars who typically create an atmosphere is maybe further up the list. Felt sorry for Stirlingshire Staggie when he was trying with his drum and only a handful of folk around us were joining in, especialy after the run-in last season where we could all get together on the terrace and make a much better job of it. Teething troubles now we're one of the big boys in an all-seater stadia I suppose :)

Although it was good of the club to set aside central staggies tickets the're probably not in a part of the stadium renowned for singing. East Stand has vocally been better but the old terracing on that side has always been fairly quiet or it certainly was most the years I stood there with the rest of my family.

New County song I just decided to make due to boredom.

OHHHHHHH Paul Lawson, he's a midfielder, he's got a big ass, can pick out a pass and every game he's fucking class, drives around Dingwall in the County Vengabus.

Repeat until exhaustion.

There should be more songs about Paul Lawson's Charlie Adam-esque arse.

One of the main problems I found at the game was that people refused to join in with my "There's only one Ross Tokely" chant or "His wife beats him, his wife beats him, Tokely's wife beats him" (the sympathy vote song). It's going to be difficult to get them singing "Don't you wish your right-back/husband* was Ross Tokely".

*We need to move away from the wife beating and promote him as a loving husband.

I don't know why I keep attempting things like this, because I'm always disappointed with the result, but:

When we find ourselves in times of trouble,

One thing always comforts me;

He's finally a Staggie, Ross Tokely.

And in our hour of darkness,

He is standing right in front of me,

Ross Tokely, Ross Tokely,

Ross Tokely, Ross Tokely.

Although it was good of the club to set aside central staggies tickets the're probably not in a part of the stadium renowned for singing. East Stand has vocally been better but the old terracing on that side has always been fairly quiet or it certainly was most the years I stood there with the rest of my family.

Aye., it was good of the club for sure. I dont think there's much more than they can do, without setting up a 'singing section' which always gets folks cringin. Just an organic process I suppose to see what works. We tend to be pretty quiet anyway, I think I'm just living off the atmosphere of last season's run-in too much!

I quite like Spain's song, I'd give that a bash

I don't know why I keep attempting things like this, because I'm always disappointed with the result, but:

When we find ourselves in times of trouble,

One thing always comforts me;

And in our hour of darkness,

He is standing right in front of me,

Ross Tokely, Ross Tokely,

Ross Tokely, Ross Tokely.

Cool. Story. Bro. 8)

Feel sorry for the folk who want noree more of an atmosphere, I just can't see it happening. We're kind of like Aberdeen and Inverness in the singing stakes - far too many blank pages in our song books.

Have ti to say, I was very near the drummer boy last saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only problem being he didn't have a lot of space around him and had to dump it on an empty seat in the row in front of him. There was talk of his mates chipping in to buy the drum a season ticket :lol:

Eta: fat fingers and touch phones = not good bedfellows.

Edited by Stagmaster

Feel sorry for the folk who want noree of an atmosphere, I just can't see it happening. We're kind of like Aberdeen and Inverness in the singing stakes - far too many blank pages in our song books.

Have ti say, I was very near the drummer boy last saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only problem being he didn't have a lot of space around him and had to dump it on an empty seat in the row in front of him. There was talk of his mates chipping in to buy the drum a season ticket :lol:

Good to hear, I was a couple of seats over from him and we felt a bit isolated! I'll use this as further inspiration next time 8)