The General Ross County Chat Thread

"through gritted teeth" good luck County, lets show these central belt b******s whats what this year

Absolutely. The Highlands is where it's at. Hope ICT get a good result as well. Hopefully neither club is in relegation trouble at the end of the season.

Proud of County today. Impressed by Motherwell, they are a decent if slightly tippy tappy team. Higdon offers nowt. Good support for them today, banter in the Mallard was outstanding.

My shirt came today, Bit late but nice none the less.

Stadium is genuinely exceptional. Was also moved by Motherwell's guard of honour - totally unexpected but really appreciated.

Welcome to the spl lads.

A group of us have just booked the train through on Sept 1st for our first ever game away to the staggies.

The problem we have is getting back into sneckie in time for our train back to glasgow (from memory its at 17.45). Can anyone recommend a decent taxi company or a bus that'll get us back sharpish?

Cheers in advance, best answer gets a pint the mallard 1st Sept :)

Most reliable would be Dons Taxi 01349 866654. £20-£25 to Inverness, so if there are a few of you to split it, not much more expensive than the bus. Would book it in advance though.

Thoughts on the atmosphere, new stands etc? New tannoy system ok?

There isn't a new tannoy in the jail end, surely? If there is, the difference is minimal. As for the atmosphere, it seemed excellent - the new stands really are fantastic.

Also good to see Russell Duncan get himself in shape. He must be about a stone lighter than last year. Still contributes very little, mind.

There isn't a new tannoy in the jail end, surely? If there is, the difference is minimal. As for the atmosphere, it seemed excellent - the new stands really are fantastic.

The one in the East Stand Extension was horrendous, couldnt hear feck all

Yesterday was the first time I had been in (or near) the stadium since the Hamilton game. I really like the redevelopment of the ground. The view from the far side of the East Stand extension was decent enough and it still has the "on top of the pitch" feel.

The atmosphere in the place should be incredible for the derby games.

I was very impressed by how the new stadium looks. I was quite shocked when I crossed the railway bridge and seen the giant new car park!

Here is the view of our fancy new sprinklers from the front row of the Jailend. The view was fine and nowhere near as bad as I had feared.

post-24720-0-96030400-1344175634_thumb.j

Yes there is.

Probably be in the minority here, but I felt the tanoy is worse than what we used to have.

A lot of people moaned they could never hear the old system, but maybe it was where I once stood but I never had a problem with it.

Yesterday though I could still hear it, but it was no where near as clear as I used to hear it - could still understand what was being said so not complaining.

The one in the East Stand Extension was horrendous, couldnt hear feck all

Inclined to agree.

I thought it was fine. Ground looks outstanding, really chuffed with the redevelopment. Being in the East Stand, hadn't noticed the gazebo was open yesterday - anyone know why?

The atmosphere was decent enough yesterday, obviously would have been a bit better with a more open game. The Motherwell fans were terrific.

Gound certainly looks very good on the telly, well, that odd gazebo bit excepted. Might have been the wine talking but it had me giggling like a wee bairn.

Fantastic result by the lads in the season opener, very proud of them all. Good not to begn with a loss.

An update on the Gazebo: Apparently it's not so much a mistake with regards to restricted viewing, but more that when we have Sky or ESPN in with all their cameras (more than the Beeb take), we have to forfeit some of the seating in the West Stand for scaffolding/camera platforms.