The General Ross County Chat Thread

That is a good point. He's been sent-off already this season, so will it be a two/three game suspension?

As 'Spain' said above, red cards no longer have any relevance to yellow cards. If it is his first suspension from an accumulation of bookings then he'll get a one match suspension.

Yeah he's up to 6 bookings. He misses Dundee (Vigurs had a similar situation where he could play midweek but had to sit out the Falkirk game). The Dundee fans will be delighted that he's not playing.

I think he missed the midweek game that time because it was a rearranged match. The midweek game against Ayr is scheduled, therefore, it is more likely that he will miss that one than the Dundee game (I hope!).

I wouldn't have thought so as suspensions are always served 14 days later, rather than say two games later. The game against Ayr being scheduled would have no relevance.

I wouldn't have thought so as suspensions are always served 14 days later, rather than say two games later. The game against Ayr being scheduled would have no relevance.

Correct. Suspensions start 14 days after the 6th booking. Games in the interim, scheduled or rearranged, are irrelevant.

It is good to see Gary McKay Steven doing well for himself, winning the SPL Young Player of the Month for the second month running.

I remember, after the last Save Our Staggies' meeting (2007?), that there was a FAQ with George Adams and a couple of other board members, in a similar fashion to what we had before the start of this season.

I remember George Adams stating that, following the sale of Cooper and GMS to Liverpool, should either player go on to play for Scotland then Ross County would receive £1m from Liverpool.

Now that there is an increasing prospect of GMS playing for his country, I am guessing that it would be too good to be true for Liverpool to be obliged to pay this incentive, after GMS has gone on to be a free agent at least a couple of times. I don't know; it would depend entirely on the contract at the time. It would of course be a nice wee bonus, if it were to happen. :king

I remember George Adams stating that, following the sale of Cooper and GMS to Liverpool, should either player go on to play for Scotland then Ross County would receive £1m from Liverpool.

Now that there is an increasing prospect of GMS playing for his country, I am guessing that it would be too good to be true for Liverpool to be obliged to pay this incentive, after GMS has gone on to be a free agent at least a couple of times. I don't know; it would depend entirely on the contract at the time. It would of course be a nice wee bonus, if it were to happen. :king

I'd be astonished if that clause was not worded that he played for Scotland whilst with Liverpool. It would be lunacy to bind themselves to a deal like that when he might do so a decade after leaving.

It is good to see Gary McKay Steven doing well for himself, winning the SPL Young Player of the Month for the second month running.

I remember, after the last Save Our Staggies' meeting (2007?), that there was a FAQ with George Adams and a couple of other board members, in a similar fashion to what we had before the start of this season.

Surely given the financial situation we were in at the time, the board and everyone involved in negotiations would have been striving to make sure that the contract was as watertight as possible. And what would it have been to Liverpool, to pick up a player for peanuts who then went on to become an international player, and only cost them £1m? Considering the same board (ok, with Kenny in charge) were willing to pay £35m for a striker who had played next to no premiership football!

So given Liverpools loose purse-strings, our financial hardship, macgregors business mind and Adams' stubborness, surely they envisaged he might not play on the international stage for a few years, and by that point could have been released.

Obviously i'm looking at everything with rose-tinted spectacles, but this would be a nice little bit of pocket money!

I'd be astonished if that clause was not worded that he played for Scotland whilst with Liverpool. It would be lunacy to bind themselves to a deal like that when he might do so a decade after leaving.

I woud be astonished, too, but I thought it was a point worth raising, if only for idle gossip.

Surely given the financial situation we were in at the time, the board and everyone involved in negotiations would have been striving to make sure that the contract was as watertight as possible. And what would it have been to Liverpool, to pick up a player for peanuts who then went on to become an international player, and only cost them £1m? Considering the same board (ok, with Kenny in charge) were willing to pay £35m for a striker who had played next to no premiership football!

So given Liverpools loose purse-strings, our financial hardship, macgregors business mind and Adams' stubborness, surely they envisaged he might not play on the international stage for a few years, and by that point could have been released.

Obviously i'm looking at everything with rose-tinted spectacles, but this would be a nice little bit of pocket money!

Nothing wrong with Rose Tinted specs. C'mon Dalglish where's the Million? Down payment at least.