The General Ross County Chat Thread

I think he is a centre attack midfielder but can play out on the wing aswell. The only thing I can think of is we signed him to put in the wide areas or Quinns injury is worse than expected.

Edited by RCFC95

According to wiki he seemed to have had a decent spell at MK Dons the last couple of years but didn't set the heather alight at Hamilton. Strange move and I guess someone will be leaving from midfield?

A very strange one indeed, unless he has shown the potential to be converted into a winger.

Even if Quinn's injury was serious, I don't think we'd need to go out and bring in a replacement for him, not when you consider just how many decent midfielders we already have on the books.

Whats with the Steve bit?

Surely you've heard of Steve Kettlewell, he and Mark Gardiner have been here for a few years now.

What has happened to Quinn?

Mere speculation. He picked up a " knee injury" in one of the friendlies. If he's out for a while it would make this Carrington Bear chap a bit more understandable. Unless he's really, really good.

Lad on jailender saying he typed "mark carrington twitter ross county" into google and a leeds forum had some guy saying "After picking up a steady following of Ross County fans on Twitter today, I have now just found this little gem. They even quoted my Twitter post from ... ... http://thejailender....mark-carrington" The post has now been removed though.

Seems to be the old "pretend you are someone no-one's really heard of, and that you are doing something feasible, then laugh when people with no reason not to believe you seem to believe you" trick.

Its a great trick. I told the lads at work I was going to meet James for a pint tonight, when I was really watching E4 and eating pasta. My mate James lives in Canada! Cant wait to laugh in their faces tomorrow! Idiots!

Brilliant stuff. Chris Morris and Charlie Brooker will be shitting it at this level of wit and sociological commentary.

Re - Quinn, there were a couple of folk saying Quinn is ok, with one guy saying he'd told this by one of the players. We obviously have cover for him, but it would have been shit luck to get injured weeks after signing.

Edited by dingdong1929

It appears it may not have been a joke aimed at us, and the guys now claiming that he's actually our new "Rossco". If true, not the brightest of ways to enamour yourself with the fans.

It appears it may not have been a joke aimed at us, and the guys now claiming that he's actually our new "Rossco". If true, not the brightest of ways to enamour yourself with the fans.

You would have thought the club would have went out their way to ensure the new Rossco wasn't a total bellend this time.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

You would have thought the club would have went out their way to ensure the new Rossco wasn't a total bellend this time.

Maybe in Rossco's contract it should state that he's not allowed to use the internet... ever.

Apologies, but I'm a bit confused. Is Carrington signing for you guys or not?

Great player, and I was gutted to see him go.

Appears not. Sounds like it's a guy of the same name that has now got the part of being our "Rossco the Stag" mascot.

The Leeds fan bit was a dead giveaway as well. He'll probably stab a child in the away terrace if we lose a goal.

Adams in the paper again today (P&J I think) saying that they are still looking to ship out a couple of players, and may still be looking at bringing a couple in.

Adams in the paper again today (P&J I think) saying that they are still looking to ship out a couple of players, and may still be looking at bringing a couple in.

After a good pre-season I've changed my mind and I'm willing to give Corocran a chance until January. Please let it be Garry Wood that goes...

After a good pre-season I've changed my mind and I'm willing to give Corocran a chance until January. Please let it be Garry Wood that goes...

Was having a discussion about it earlier, and citing everyones reviews of Corcoran during pre-season I said I would expect him to be given a chance too. Adams said we had a playing squad of 22 and would be aiming for about 20. So looking to lose two, and possibly more if they want to bring anyone else in. Garry Wood is an obvious one, he is falling further and further down the pecking order for strikers. Other than that, it's hard to say. I can't see us trimming any other strikers, and I can't see us trimming any defenders. So surely it would have to be a midfielder unless Gardyne is expected to move on (the usual Utd. rumour). Corcoran probably would have been on the danger list up until his improvement, who else? Fitzpatrick wasn't brought in by Adams, perhaps he doesn't suit his plans. Other than Lawson, most of the rest have just signed extensions. Difficult to say who. Unless he's looking at shipping Malin out for the season on loan and using a youth keeper as back up.

Difficult to say who. Unless he's looking at shipping Malin out for the season on loan and using a youth keeper as back up.

Sean McCarthy, one of our U19 keepers who was on the bench a few times last season is away on loan to Brora so I can't see Joe going on loan although it would probably be beneficial for himself.