The General Ross County Chat Thread

I could hardly believe it when my good friend Charlie Bannerman mentioned to me a bit earlier that none other than Charles Christie esq is been corralled into the Assistant Manager job.

Many claim that the heart went out of Dingwall when they moved the Mart, but this news would be quite a coup for the township

Charlie has had a long and illustrious career and I for one would wish him nothing but good luck in getting back into the first team level, albeit at a lower level.

I sincerly hope that even those with the longest memories will let bygones be bygones.

You seem to have a fascination with the Dingwall Mart. Are you a cow?

Everything seems to be on a little bit of a go slow right now after the quick start. McGregor made it sound like these deals were iminent. I'm getting impatient for something/anything new to talk about. :(

Everything seems to be on a little bit of a go slow right now after the quick start. McGregor made it sound like these deals were iminent. I'm getting impatient for something/anything new to talk about. :(

Something new like Sophia's chat? Oh, I see...

There is a rumour going about this evening that Richard Brittain is the new assistant manager.

A big surprise if true, he's still only 27.

At least it's not Charlie fecking Christie!

agree with the charlie christie statement.

although, i have heard that its Barry Wilson as assistant.... think id prefer brittain to be hoenst!

Good news indeed.

Here is the quote from the OS.

Derek Adams announced today that Stuart Balmer will be re-joining Ross County as Assistant Manager. Derek said "I am delighted Stuart has agreed to join my backroom team. He is familiar with the squad after working here for the past 6 months and he brings a good work ethic and provides stability to the football club".

Aye, was hearing that too. Few names being bandied about around his well. Am i right in saying that he's a County fan? Despite his Caley history...

Was that not Kyle Allison? Might be Fraser as well though.

I reckon he would be a decent enough replacement for McGovern.

Not to sure what to make of this signing to be honest since leaving Caley he only played 8 games for Motherwell and then joined some team in Malta doesnt exactly make for great reading. Caley fans certainly dont rate him very highly, time will tell though.

Edited by tintax

Was that not Kyle Allison? Might be Fraser as well though.

I reckon he would be a decent enough replacement for McGovern.

Aye mun, right enough. Was confusing my Caley reserve keepers... easy done!

Not exactly enthusiastic about this one either, not saying its a bad signing, just not filled with optimism. Apathy is probably a better description, meh. At least its a vaguely decent keeper with a vaguely decent pedigree. Hopefuly a run of games will see him reach close to Mick McG standards.

Edited by dingdong1929