The General Ross County Chat Thread

Well he tries harder than most players on that pitch. Barrowman for starters. I just think he creates most of our chances. He offers pace and skill where others don't.

No he doesnt, he has moments where he decides to go into second gear and try to create a little something but if it fails he just gives up. he isnt a team player, he is more focused on trying to be the match winner. in his role as second striker, he should have been dropping deeper and wider, but he didnt do it enough and when he did, he did it with a half arsed attempt.

But we know he can do it - they all can, they proved it with the cup games 2 seasons ago, so why cant they do it in league games?

As i said on OTB, it seems we are going to get this comment every time lol for clarity, if a player is under contract then yes, the selling club would be due a fee unless the decide they dont want one

I do know that.... it was just the way the rumour was brought up sounded like he was discussing terms with anyone of interest, as barrowman and mcgovern are/were. Was just making sure i was right about him being under contract for a year, so we could expect decent pennies, rather than him being out of contract, or expiring in a couple of months and only worth a nominal fee. Suppose it did come across as stating the obvious, but i couldnt be arsed spelling out what i was thinking. But I've had to do both now, lesson learned wink.gif

Suppose but I'm concerned over the matter that if midge does go we will only have 3 strikers ... and one of them is Gary wood....

its still early yet so dont worry lad :)

I'm glad we're getting rid of the hard working players with little ability. If we are to be successful we need more lazy people in the team with tremendous ability like Karim Boukraa.

haha what a legend, think im friends with him on facebook

I do know that.... it was just the way the rumour was brought up sounded like he was discussing terms with anyone of interest, as barrowman and mcgovern are/were. Was just making sure i was right about him being under contract for a year, so we could expect decent pennies, rather than him being out of contract, or expiring in a couple of months and only worth a nominal fee. Suppose it did come across as stating the obvious, but i couldnt be arsed spelling out what i was thinking. But I've had to do both now, lesson learned wink.gif

sorry if i came across arsey!

tbh i doubt we would get more than 40-50k for him if he were to be sold, he was showing potential, but last season seemed to have put a few people off, peter houston for example

its still early yet so dont worry lad :)

haha what a legend, think im friends with him on facebook

sorry if i came across arsey!

tbh i doubt we would get more than 40-50k for him if he were to be sold, he was showing potential, but last season seemed to have put a few people off, peter houston for example

No bother mun, was wary i came across retarded! Dont see us getting much more than 40-50 either, he really has only had one genuinely good season, with the other 3-odd seasons he was with us (inc. when he was on loan) only showing it in flashes. Obviously talented, but only been able to get it all together for one good season. As with Barra, I would rather we kept him as I trust Adams to get at least a valuable player out of him if not the best out of him, but I like money and we'd be daft to turn down a decent sum. Before Jimmy was off it'd been a good while since we received a decent transfer fee (Canning? then back to Rankin?). By decent I wouldnt be happy with any less than 40-50k! Especially from that mob.

Even if he does go, him and Barra will be back next season as usual, same as last time cool.gif

I'm not too bothered if Gardyne goes. We get some cash out of it. And the Derek Adams plan of 'give the ball to Gardyne' goes, meaning we might see a different side to him - tactically speaking of course.

Edited by yoda

I'm not too bothered if Gardyne goes. We get some cash out of it. And the Derek Adams plan of 'give the ball to Gardyne' goes, meaning we might see a different side to him - tactically speaking of course.

If ICT giv us 50 grand for Gardyne they are off their chops, he didn't kick a ball for us last season. Having said that we don't have anyone remotely close to that level of technique in the squad, and he'd take some replacing. I wouldn't be devastated either.

You really have to wonder what game people are watching when they suggest Gardyne puts in more effort than Barrowman. That sentence couldn't be more wrong

As for the "give the ball to Gardyne" tactic, I'm reminded of Walter Smith when accused of the "give the ball to Laudrup" technique, which to be fair was quite successful. He signed Gazza, thus the revolutionary "give the ball to Gascoigne who will give the ball to Laudrup" tactic. We need a super wonderful lunatic central midfielder, I'd suggest.

Edited by Savage Henry

Gardyne is an alright player, but he's got a poor attitude, especially this season. for example, if he gets put out on the wing he spits his dummy out - a prime example was the first game down at dunfermline. tbh he was dead weight most of the end of season, for whatever reason he wasnt linking with barrowman and this was proven with jimmy c taking him off at half time a couple of times cause it was obviously not working.

I don't think dazwesty used a good example for Gardyne not working hard enough. I thought he played better coming in off the right wing against Dunfermline that day than when he started directly behind Barrowman.

Any regular readers of my blog will know how much I rate Gardyne. I think he is crucial to how County operate on the pitch with the way he brings others into play. He never gets enough goals himself though, which I think is as much a reflection on his coaching as it is on ability or effort. Edited to add that I said it last year, Gardyne would complete Caley's attack and I think he would do brilliantly for them in the SPL.

And dont get me started on Barrowman, im still trying to come back to earth since i heard he had gone - a vastly over-rated player, especially our own fans who think he's the best thing since sliced bread. I would be very surprised if he gets more than 5 goals this season.

Who exactly do you want up front?

If Adams doesn't go for a like-for-like replacement (and there aren't many around), can you imagine Craig and McMenamin up front? Craig would be wanting McMenamin to do all the donkey work while watching his own shoe-laces, when McMenamin showed his best form in ages at Queens by playing off a target man.

It doesn't bear thinking about and you'll be calling McMenamin everything under the sun within a few months.

Edited by bunglebonce

Yeah, Gardyne was a fantastic player for us the 09/10 season, but last year was really disappointing. If we get some money for him then great, I'm certainly not going to be losing sleep over it. And as bunglebonce says it could see Vigurs given a more important role. He's certainly been a decent player for us on the whole but we needed more from him last year & he didn't deliver.

What about rory mcallister worth a punt peterhead have offered him a deal surely we can afford to do the same

Apparently they've offered him 650 a week (above our 500 ceiling) and are letting him stay part-time. So he can supplement that wage with his job as a plumber.

We'd be getting him to go full-time so he wouldn't be able to supplement his wage, so would effectively lose money with us. Quite a lot of money at that. And he wants to stay in the east, again because his plumbing work is based there. As are most of his family and friends I imagine.

Rumour is he's turned down bigger teams than us already (St Johnstone apparently, i think its just a rumour) for the same reasons.

Andy Barrowman must have been offered more that the County max wage of £500 .:o:rolleyes:

This is your second or third post relating to County's wage structure. If you know the full details about it then fine keep bringing it up, but if you don't just fuck off and stop being so incredibly tedious.

Well he tries harder than most players on that pitch. Barrowman for starters. I just think he creates most of our chances.

What the fuck is this shit?

Apologies for the double post.

Edited by yoda

What the f**k is this shit?

Apologies for the double post.

He's a typical roaster, hardly unique among our fans on P&B sadly. Give him 3 years & he might start having a clue.