The General Ross County Chat Thread

looking strong even with out mcgovern and barrowman.two new strikes and a keeper coming next week,return of an old loan player on a two year deal as far as i know. and a surprise spl sign also. so welcome back greame smith. and duncan

So:

2 new strikers (one is a player/assistant manager, and the other used to play for Motherwell)

1 new goalkeeper (Graeme Smith)

1 player who used to play on-loan (it won't be Gary Irvine but we can hope)

1 'surprise' SPL signing (probably Russell Duncan)

Have I got that right?

I won't be holding my breath about this though.

The striker that is going to be a player/manager I reckon it could be jeffers he has been released from motherwell. The one who we used to have on loan I hope not but it could be Derek Holmes..

<div style="text-align: left;">

</div>as a life time supporter of county i remember say to my old man that i had a good feeling about county four weeks the season of the scottish cup which ive never had before. i watch then training and in two close door games and watch them in training for three days. now my cuz has told me about the very positive talk with derek about the season ahead a derek thinks if he can get four of the ten players he's after then we can win the league. looking forward to pre-season. Derek looks like he has a new drive,and hunger. coz is meeting one of the players in spoons tomo i think.<br>
<br><br><br>

So:

2 new strikers (one is a player/assistant manager, and the other used to play for Motherwell)

1 new goalkeeper (Graeme Smith)

1 player who used to play on-loan (it won't be Gary Irvine but we can hope)

1 'surprise' SPL signing (probably Russell Duncan)

Have I got that right?

I won't be holding my breath about this though.

I suspect the former on-loan player, goalkeeper and surprise SPL signing could all be the same person. i.e. Greame Smith.

If not, as said it could be Jasor Marr (unlikely going by what his twitter had said), Alan Morgan (hope to hell not) or Diarmuid O'Carrol (:( ). There's always Stephen O'Donnell, but I'm pretty sure he's contracted to Dundee for another year.

No, Derek Holmes was our record transfer. Think we gave Hearts £50k for him :(

I still praise the Bournemouth fans for raising the cash to take him off us. Not one of Tattie's greatest moves.

I suspect the former on-loan player, goalkeeper and surprise SPL signing could all be the same person. i.e. Greame Smith.

If not, as said it could be Jasor Marr (unlikely going by what his twitter had said), Alan Morgan (hope to hell not) or Diarmuid O'Carrol (:( ). There's always Stephen O'Donnell, but I'm pretty sure he's contracted to Dundee for another year.

yep greame smith was the loan player i was told about,there was talk of a saints player down here going to county. don't know if its true could be peter mcdonald or colin samuels i hope.peter is injury prone but a good player if there is good serves from midfield.huh.gif