The General Ross County Chat Thread

Today's north star had an interview with the chairman and he was saying that munro and macmenamin are only the first of 6 or 7 .new signings. He said Derek is on holiday at this time but when he gets back the signings will begin. Apparently we are pushing for the league big time.

Today's north star had an interview with the chairman and he was saying that munro and macmenamin are only the first of 6 or 7 .new signings. He said Derek is on holiday at this time but when he gets back the signings will begin. Apparently we are pushing for the league big time.

funny_sports_pictures_o_rly_Sports_LOLZ-s366x334-83093.jpg

I had you down as a reader of the Beano, not the North Star.

Funny how I never read it from the paper itself it was on o.t.b

Look I was just commenting on the thread on what may be,important regarding us and every time without fail u rip the piss outa me. I am a fellow county supporter so if u have nothing better to do then get a life

Pasted this part from todays North Star:

And the chairman has promised Staggies fans that former Inverness CT captain Grant Munro (30) along with ex-Dundee and Queen of the South striker Colin McMenamin are just the start for a club who mean business.

He said: "Derek was involved in Grant's signing and, although he's on holiday, he's working on bringing more to the club. That might happen before he returns, I can't say, but I can tell Ross County fans we Colin and Grant are only the first two players we wanted, but there's more to come.

"We are wanting a team to challenge for the league. Last season was a big disappointment and we saw what we were short of. We were the third best defensive team in the division, but the lowest scorers, so that tells you something. We clearly did not have the balance, but we will change that over the summer. Derek has six or seven players in mind at the top end of the market and we'll be doing all we can to bring them to Ross County to give the club the best chance of challenging for the league."

6 or 7 possible new signings and a possible title challenge, it does sound good cant remember us ever being this busy in the transfer market

Ok I will try to make my posts more sensible but I was just trying to tell people about the news.

you're doing fine enough mun, dont let the banter get to you, i know some of the banter might sound harsh but a lot of it is good-natured. When folk rise to banter it only gets worse, so just be like a little ross-county supporting fonzy. And what's fonzy like? He's cool. And thats what we're gonna be. We're gonna be cool.;)

Edited by dingdong1929

6 or 7 possible new signings and a possible title challenge, it does sound good cant remember us ever being this busy in the transfer market

We currently have a squad of 19 (including 2 U19's who will probably go out on loan again) so I think we'll bring in 4 players maximum. Russell Duncan, a keeper if Mick goes, a striker if Barrowman goes and a winger/attacker to replace Smith/Di Giacomo/Milne who all attempted to play that role.

We currently have a squad of 19 (including 2 U19's who will probably go out on loan again) so I think we'll bring in 4 players maximum. Russell Duncan, a keeper if Mick goes, a striker if Barrowman goes and a winger/attacker to replace Smith/Di Giacomo/Milne who all attempted to play that role.

I would tend to agree. It doesn't say we are going to make 6 or 7 signings, it says he has 6 or 7 in mind. And most likely this means they would be hoping to sign some of them, not all of them. For example, out of the 6 or 7, there is every likelyhood that 2 or 3 of them are goalkeepers, with a view to only signing one of them.

I am surprised by that. I thought he had done alright. Is yours a common view? Are you happy with ScottyMo on the left?

I'm not sure if it's a common view. To act like a teenage girl for one moment, he has the worst positional sense ever. Most of the time he's tucked in past the right-hand line of the 18 yard box. He gets a roasting when he does this and we have lost a few goals this season because of it. He's good going forward though, and offers something a bit different.

I like Morrison at full-back because he's pretty good going forward and is a good crosser of the ball. I don't like him defensively though, and I prefer Fitzpatrick when it comes to defending.

Same view as Yoda. Positioning is Morrison and especially Millers weak point.

That's why we had quite a long debate last season about the full-back positions (mainly left-back). On the right Miller is better going forward, Marr is better at defending and probably likewise for Morrison and Fitzpatrick.

Edited by staggy4life