The General Ross County Chat Thread

Why is everyone saying we'll be changing tactics just because we now have 3 centre-backs? It's called having a squad.

The dude at the top tends to have two or three stock formations, I would be surprised if he started dabbling with 3 at the back.

I was just wondering whether or not there was any news on the signing of Russell Duncan. Then I remembered that there would be some sort of post on here or OTB to tell people about it.

Wanting an official confirmation of the signing to clear things up. Also if mcgov does go I would like to see us sign calum reidford, he was on the show blue heaven last night and George Adams spoke very highly of him.

Wanting an official confirmation of the signing to clear things up. Also if mcgov does go I would like to see us sign calum reidford, he was on the show blue heaven last night and George Adams spoke very highly of him.

No thanks. I would prefer we signed Graeme Smith who played on-loan for us a few years back.

Whilst I am inclined to agree that I prefer Kettlewell to either Brittain or Lawson on the form of this season, I doubt Adams will pick him.

Kettlewell isn't as composed on the ball as the others, which might go against him in Adams's tradition of possession over penetration.

8 years ago... Did he say anything about Russell Duncan signing?

Why is everyone saying we'll be changing tactics just because we now have 3 centre-backs? It's called having a squad.

I don't think I or anyone is saying 'change of tactics'. What I am saying is that I want the best XI on the field and with the numbers that are now in the squad which is, arguably, quite strong, then it may be a worthwhile debate amongst fans as to how we get the best XI on the field.

Got to admit im not a big fan off all this Smith to replace McGovern talk always looks dodgy to me whenever i have seen him, must be other decent goalkeepers out there that we could sign.

Got to admit im not a big fan off all this Smith to replace McGovern talk always looks dodgy to me whenever i have seen him, must be other decent goalkeepers out there that we could sign.

I remember watching the Hibs game when they drew with Motherwell 6-6 and Smith was absolutely horrendous.

To be fair we can't make an honest assessment based on a handful of games. Personally I think he would be a decent enough replacement for McGovern, especially considering the other goalkeepers that are looking for clubs (ie - Andrew McNeil, Kevin Cuthbert and David Hutton). We aren't going to get a goalkeeper that doesn't make mistakes, even McGovern had a few howlers.

If we don't get him then hopefully Adams can pluck an obscure player from nowhere who turns out to be the greatest goalkeeper County has ever seen.