The General Ross County Chat Thread

When playing two out-and-out centre-forwards, Adams has in the past preferred to use Gardyne at the tip of a midfield diamond:

Lawson

Brirttain Vigurs

Gardyne

Barra Coco

The "jungle drums" I've heard suggest you might need to find a space for Rocco Quinn in there somewhere.

The "jungle drums" I've heard suggest you might need to find a space for Rocco Quinn in there somewhere.

I doubt it if Russell Duncan signs too as it's another midfielder although Quinn is more attacking I think?

Once the season was over I hoped for the following.

1-Kettlewell, Vigurs and Flynn would re sign

2-We would get a good manager

3-We would sign a proven goal scorer

4-Andy would re sign

Well so far Kettlewell, Vigurs and Flynn have signed on the dotted line. What I think has been the best manager we have had since joining the SFL is coming back. Colin McMenamin has signed for us.

So far 3 out of 4 from my wish list have come to pass so absolutely no complaints from me. I just hope Andy will stay and maybe the fact that Derek is coming back may just be the persuasion he needs to hang about for next season.

The future is looking rosy if you ask me.

I just hope Andy will stay and maybe the fact that Derek is coming back may just be the persuasion he needs to hang about for next season

From what I heard from one of the players that may well be the case.

County appear to be in a very healthy position in comparison with the other clubs in the division. I expect a title challenge from the Staggies in 2011-12.

County appear to be in a very healthy position in comparison with the other clubs in the division. I expect a title challenge from the Staggies in 2011-12.

I'm beginning to dare to hope so too.

County have the bonus of having a more stable and settled group in place a bit earlier. But the other clubs have plenty time to make a lot more signings and some may then look an increasing threat.

Dundee should still be favourites: they will have much the same squad that earned more points than Dunfermline by the end of the 2010/11 season. Losing Griffiths and a couple of others didn't seem to impact the results.

I would pick Kettlewell over Lawson any day tbh, i feel Lawson is a passenger most of the time, popping up with the odd killer pass or shot on goal. I think this was proven in the game against Falkirk where he was clearly out of his depth albeit lacking match fitness.

I think the midfield will be Brittain Kettlewell Duncan(if he signs) Vigurs. Brittain is better in the middle but he has got a good cross on him so he wouldnt be a complete loss out wide. Vigurs is morre wasted out , however, i think it would be a mistake leaving him out due to his creativity. Cutting in when he can will make up for playing wide

Whilst I am inclined to agree that I prefer Kettlewell to either Brittain or Lawson on the form of this season, I doubt Adams will pick him. He was ignored for a lot of the time until Adams left, and sadly I see that happening again. dry.gif

We don't need Quinn if/when Duncan signs. We have enough midfielders, and Gardyne or Vigurs can play that attacking midfield role. The priority is a goalkeeper then a winger.

Yes but he plays wide right also.

Quinn would be a good signing but the priority has to be a goalkeeper and a goalscorer. Andy B has proved (once) to be an excellent finisher albeit in Div 2 but he and others suffered from a lack of confidence last season which spread through the team as the season progressed and was not re-dicovered until the latter part of the season. I hope that he signs on again for another year.

Given those already signed, what about a 3-4-1-2 formation?

Malin; Boyd, Munro, Flynn; Miller, Kettlewell, Lawson, Morrison; Vigurs or Brittain; MacMenamin and Barrowman or Gardyne.

Edited by eastlintonstaggie