The General Ross County Chat Thread

5 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Have it on good authority that today was RCC, Spittal and Paton’s last hoorah.

Yup.  I heard this too, although I could have sworn Spittal signed an extension.  

Paton has really dropped off, but the other two will be hard to replace.  

I

Spittal and RCC are going to be seriously difficult to replace, as will Hungbo.

Season's limped to an end but overall very pleased with six after how we started.

52 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Have it on good authority that today was RCC, Spittal and Paton’s last hoorah.

Not surprised but really disappointing to hear that.

For me Blair Spittal has been immense for us since his return from loan at Partick, playing in a number of roles all over the field. I hope he gets a gig down south and doesn't come back to play against us.

Also notice there's been no word about Iacovitti either, he'd be a loss but would be easier to replace than Spittal imo.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/4294259/blair-spittal-tight-lipped-over-ross-county-future-after-netting-in-final-game-of-season-against-dundee-united/

These do not sound like the words of a player who will be here next season. It looks much more like a “find me a central belt club please Mr Agent”

11 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/4294259/blair-spittal-tight-lipped-over-ross-county-future-after-netting-in-final-game-of-season-against-dundee-united/

These do not sound like the words of a player who will be here next season. It looks much more like a “find me a central belt club please Mr Agent”

Yup.  Back in the day, the savage red tops would have called that “a come-and-get-me-plea”.   Another year, another completely new squad. 

I'm hearing Motherwell for Spittal, RCC to Hibs, L.acovitti down south and Paton hopefully to jail.

Of course the first 2 are going to be hard to replace although Sims looked decent from the time he was given. 

Need a couple of playmakers in the summer, someone with a bit of experience that can put their foot on the ball when required.

Agree AL is pretty straight forward to replace as is Paton.

4 minutes ago, staggiepete said:

I'm hearing Motherwell for Spittal, RCC to Hibs, L.acovitti down south and Paton hopefully to jail.

Of course the first 2 are going to be hard to replace although Sims looked decent from the time he was given. 

Need a couple of playmakers in the summer, someone with a bit of experience that can put their foot on the ball when required.

Agree AL is pretty straight forward to replace as is Paton.

Iacovitti is a left sided centre half, who can string a pass on occasion, and scores a fair number.  He’ll be harder to replace than you’d think.  Drysdale isn’t remotely up to it.  

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Iacovitti is a left sided centre half, who can string a pass on occasion, and scores a fair number.  He’ll be harder to replace than you’d think.  Drysdale isn’t remotely up to it.  

Agreed. In the second half of the season Iacovitti and Baldwin were pretty solid.

I would be gutted to lose RCC to Hibs. 

3 hours ago, AndyX said:

Why would you?

I mean, we have hills and nice views in Lanarkshire as well but that's not really the point.

The interview @Pete the Jakey linked to on the previous page suggested he might be looking to move back down the road so in terms of "why would you?" you'd need to ask the bold Blair that question.

1_2_2l.JPG

9 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Will be very disappointed if we lose spittal to motherwell , you’d like to think we could offer a similar package to what they can.

4 hours ago, AndyX said:

Why would you?

European football?