The General Ross County Chat Thread

On 18/04/2022 at 20:02, Pete the Jakey said:

Wouldn’t it be sad if this fell into Ross County hands, and was, I dunno, desecrated in some way.

E606599F-8AC4-4895-B90A-4C35FE8AC0F4.jpeg

You can all chip in to get it with the money you've saved on flights 👍 

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Caleys best result this season is County finishing in the Top 6. Enjoy Cove next year x

Enjoy never, ever seeing your team in European competition (and your portion of our big Scottish Cup winning flag) 😘 

I was thoroughly unsurprised to see most of the previous page of this thread dedicated to discussing The Caley. Not my place to say, but if you hadn't been focusing on us so much then maybe the last couple of weeks would have gone better for you. See you next season.

I was thoroughly unsurprised to see most of the previous page of this thread dedicated to discussing The Caley. Not my place to say, but if you hadn't been focusing on us so much then maybe the last couple of weeks would have gone better for you. See you next season.

See you Friday.

7 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The irony of that post, from a Caley runt on a County page is exceptional. What a fucking moon howler. 

9 hours ago, central staggie said:

The irony of that post, from a Caley runt on a County page is exceptional. What a fucking moon howler. 

Whilst the disappointment may be raw, please don't feel alone.

I too was looking forward to attending, strictly as a neutral and welcoming some of Europe's elite to the Highlands.

Callachan has signed a new two year deal. A little mixed on my thoughts- works hard but hasn't been the marquee signing the club painted him as. Only scored four, but he's been solid rather than good.

Callachan has signed a new two year deal. A little mixed on my thoughts- works hard but hasn't been the marquee signing the club painted him as. Only scored four, but he's been solid rather than good.

I’m confused - I was certain he’d signed a 2 year deal last summer?

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’m confused - I was certain he’d signed a 2 year deal last summer?

It's an extension, extra year, Apologies.

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

Agreed, he's not scored the goals that I maybe expected he to after what he did with Accies but imo he's been pivotal  to all the hard work that the midfield 3 have done for us this season.  Callachan and Tillson have been immense for us and I believe Callachan's central to the continuity/harmony of the squad too.

I'm glad he's extended his stay, it can only mean we're tying up our important players.

On 12/05/2022 at 17:41, frankthetank22 said:

Agreed, he's not scored the goals that I maybe expected he to after what he did with Accies but imo he's been pivotal  to all the hard work that the midfield 3 have done for us this season.  Callachan and Tillson have been immense for us and I believe Callachan's central to the continuity/harmony of the squad too.

I'm glad he's extended his stay, it can only mean we're tying up our important players.

Tillson, I agree has been immense this season. He's definitely improved a lot under MM and long may it continue. I wouldn't put Callachan in that same bracket, however. I was maybe a bit guilty of expecting too much of him this season - I think he's been fine. Hopefully see him more in an attacking sense next season.