The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I seem to recall @Loki saying something on Twitter about the highlights from that game and that Don Cowie was ball boy? Think you can see him at the start here (if the story is true of course).

Aye, pretty sure that's him.

Cheers for posting those highlights, it was some team we had back then.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

I seem to recall @Loki saying something on Twitter about the highlights from that game and that Don Cowie was ball boy? Think you can see him at the start here (if the story is true of course).

Would I lie to you? 

On 15/04/2022 at 10:18, forkboy said:

Mine too! My second was an absolutely fucking brutal game at Telford Street against Caley that I'm 80% sure was a 0-0 & that 9 year old me was convinced County should've gotten a stonewall penalty.

I don't know about getting Hungbo back. Watford are one of those teams that loan out 30 players a year. If they stay up I'd say there was a chance (though I have no idea how likely that is because English football is about as interesting to me as cricket), not a big one but 5% is more than 0%.

5 hours ago, RiG said:

Would his dad maybe playing that day too or had he retired by then?

31 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Would his dad maybe playing that day too or had he retired by then?

His dad would have been finished with County at that point.  He was managing Wick Academy when they debuted in the Highland League, he may have played with them before he retired.  Not sure when he was finished at County, my first game I can remember was the 1-4 defeat by East Fife in 1990, and think he was gone by a couple of years by that point.

4 minutes ago, forkboy said:

If you can afford to waste £750 on garbage I hope you're already giving hundreds to local foodbanks.

I know, I know, I'm extremely boring.

All very bizarre, there were a heap of comments questioning whether it was actually in personal ownership and allowed to be sold. Seems the OFBP has now gone. I would have gone down the NFT route myself. 

I seem to remember at least one of those games was proper tense, maybe the 3rd on with Schalk scoring late?

the only one that was a hammering was the 4-0.

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

I seem to remember at least one of those games was proper tense, maybe the 3rd on with Schalk scoring late?

the only one that was a hammering was the 4-0.

The 4-0 was going on 12-0.  I choose to remember that one.  

Edit: ICT decided to let Liam Boyce do whatever he wanted that day.  It was utterly bizarre. 

Edited by Savage Henry

The 4-0 was going on 12-0.  I choose to remember that one.  

Edit: ICT decided to let Liam Boyce do whatever he wanted that day.  It was utterly bizarre. 

My favourite part of the game was not the 90 minutes, but rather the 15 minute drive back over the bridge listening to Charlie Christie’s greeting rant on Sportsound post match.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2020 at 20:06, LondonHMFC said:

The main reason being Steve Evans had a bee in his bonet about him. A consistent theme through Evans career. 

The lad was wanted by Charlton, but I suppose with the uncertainty on their league position, he's taken the chance of moving North.

A very decent pick up for County. 

ITK as f**k.