The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, Roland said:

Long way to go yet, ICT could well play County in that play off final 19th & 22nd May. Would fancy our chances in both legs. 

As you say, long way to go yet. ICT could easily finish 5th & not have a play off to worry about.

Long way to go yet, ICT could well play County in that play off final 19th & 22nd May. Would fancy our chances in both legs. 

Roland I have no idea which side of the bridge you swing to, but if you’re a Caley fan I’d love to know your reasoning as to why you’d fancy Caley in both legs considering they’ve not won two games on the bounce since mid-October?

That's 41 'Goals For' in the league so far, easily the 3rd best in the league (Hearts on 38). Its been superb watching a team that scores so many goals in the Premiership this season. 

It is a very strange league this season, all the talk has been of relegation, yet County are only 5 points off Dundee United in 4th place! A couple more wins to build a significant gap from St. Johnstone and there is no reason why shouldn't be aiming for top 6. A massive win today, very happy :)

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

That's 41 'Goals For' in the league so far, easily the 3rd best in the league (Hearts on 38). Its been superb watching a team that scores so many goals in the Premiership this season. 

It is a very strange league this season, all the talk has been of relegation, yet County are only 5 points off Dundee United in 4th place! A couple more wins to build a significant gap from St. Johnstone and there is no reason why shouldn't be aiming for top 6. A massive win today, very happy :)

I’d say two more wins and they’ll be safe. I can see that team - despite the centre backs - winning two games. 

Ross Laidlaw is still our best keeper. 

Given it's only platinum and gold StaggiesArmy members, you can't imagine there will be many difficult questions asked. I'd be surprised if the 'unpleasantness' is even brought up.

It'd be nice to be wrong.

I know I keep saying it but how enjoyable is it watching County this season!? Watching games expecting to win opposed to fearing the inevitable defeats of recent years… 

My only 2 frustrations with the squad are the lack of depth out wide and the fact Burroughs plays so much. 

8 hours ago, elvis said:

How many do yous think you  will win by on Saturday.

1-1.

County dominate to be undone by a 97th minute Marcus Fraser header as he bams it up the Jailend, when most of the folk who booed him were in the West Stand.

That was really comfortable against the saints today. If anything we should be critical of the wasted chances, that game should have been 2-0 at HT easily but they caused us very little trouble in the 2nd half, where we missed more chances to put the game to bed.  Great atmosphere again at Vicky Park, just a shame we didn't score more, like our play deserved.

Is anyone else thinking about European football next season?

22 minutes ago, Binos said:

Mackay proving he is a good manager 

I think Malky has done a top job so far, the team have been a great watch this season. Lots of goals, now starting to keep clean sheets. Avoiding relegation is huge success, now doing that in style. 3 wins in a row is brilliant form this time of season. 

Don't think we will make the top 6, very difficult fixtures Celtic away, Hearts at home, then Aberdeen away. Can see some draws in those matches, but wins would be surprising. Dont think draws would help much. Never know, but other teams have easier fixtures from what I seen.