The General Ross County Chat Thread

On my way to work this morning there was a car with its hazards on just off the Dingwall slip lane of the Maryburgh roundabout.  The driver was standing in the rain, whilst another man was filling the car with fuel from a green jerry can. 

The driver was Josh Sims and the man with the jerry can was Stevie Ferguson. 

I see that Derek Adams has not mellowed with age. Before getting sacked by Bradford he said to local media "If they're going to get a new manager in they're not going to get a manager as successful as myself in the door"

2 minutes ago, forkboy said:

I see that Derek Adams has not mellowed with age. Before getting sacked by Bradford he said to local media "If they're going to get a new manager in they're not going to get a manager as successful as myself in the door"

I rate the confidence. He's probably right too, his CV down south is really good in terms of promotions. Although if you employ him you are accepting a meltdown in a year or two.

Reckon Adams still has another good job to do somewhere (not Aberdeen tho). Bradford are a total mess and didn't think it was the correct team to go for. Am sure another team in England, league 2 will go for him soon enough.

What's with this growing trend of clubs making it as difficult as possible for away fans to attend games?

RCFC - Supporter Info | Hibernian v RCFC (rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk)

"Tickets can be collected up to 1.00pm on Friday 18th February from the Global Energy Stadium. Tickets can also be collected from the Easter Road ticket office on matchday however must be purchased prior to 1.00pm on Friday 18th February."

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

On my way to work this morning there was a car with its hazards on just off the Dingwall slip lane of the Maryburgh roundabout.  The driver was standing in the rain, whilst another man was filling the car with fuel from a green jerry can. 

This has to be a metaphor for something. 

57 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

I rate the confidence. He's probably right too, his CV down south is really good in terms of promotions. Although if you employ him you are accepting a meltdown in a year or two.

Or indeed 8 months.  

He is, by a distance, the best manager County have ever had, but, yeah, meltdowns can only be tolerated so often. 

3 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Oh no, not yet another casual racism event associated with Dingwall. Where will it all end?

Also, I can't quite picture this "slip lane". Is Dingwall big enough to qualify for slip roads?

3 hours ago, sophia said:

Oh no, not yet another casual racism event associated with Dingwall. Where will it all end?

Also, I can't quite picture this "slip lane". Is Dingwall big enough to qualify for slip roads?

Here's the thing - when trolling someone for being racist, its best to wait until they say something racist.  Otherwise you just look like a twat for using racism as a trolling mechanism.  

3 hours ago, sophia said:

Well done, you win the award once again!

Only thing worse than a thick poster is a poster who is thick and thinks they are intelligent.

Cardle is Majic

3 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Here's the thing - when trolling someone for being racist, its best to wait until they say something racist.  Otherwise you just look like a twat for using racism as a trolling mechanism.  

I'm so sorry, I saw my post as a public service and hardly thought it would elicit such a reactionary reposte from you. From @Merkincher Clach & County almost certainly but to read such from yourself leaves me rather cowed.

Long way to go in this relegation battle, exciting league this season. Other teams will sink into this, County will pick up good points am sure. St. Johnstone match will be interesting alright! Bad time to play when they hit form now, but still confident of at least a draw. 

I note that Stuart Cosgrove was today required to enunciate a clarification on his funny story concerning him being hooked into a streaming contract by Ross County. It seems it was a voluntary agreement and he wasn't conned.

I don't suppose there is one person alive that is ill informed enough to think he was making a serious accusation so whoever prompted the retraction is petty in the extreme. It's good that that person is concentrating on such ephemera rather than the relegation fight.

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

I note that Stuart Cosgrove was today required to enunciate a clarification on his funny story concerning him being hooked into a streaming contract by Ross County. It seems it was a voluntary agreement and he wasn't conned.

I don't suppose there is one person alive that is ill informed enough to think he was making a serious accusation so whoever prompted the retraction is petty in the extreme. It's good that that person is concentrating on such ephemera rather than the relegation fight.

Eh? What you on about? Thought you'd be focused on your in own team and struggles.