The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

Had forgotten about Watt, sure he was deemed as bit of a "wonderkid" before injuries got the better of him.

During the Leitch era, we signed a keeper from Italy, Tomei I think his name was. Remember watching him warm up wearing Man United socks. I think there was another Italian, but I cannot remember his name. 

Growing up with Cooper in charge, seemed we had a new player in most weeks. Going through my memories now, but I can remember going to that menswear shop that was by Somerfields, as it sold County shirts upstairs. Better times.

Matteo Tomei, I remember getting his signature before the Gretna game when we got relegated! 

Apparently still playing Serie C football 😅

My favourite cult hero from back in the day was Amick Ciani 😍

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

The only other Italian I can think of is Rafa de Vita. I don't even have a foggy recollection of an Italian striker unless he signed and never played. Only foreign strikers from those days I can mind are Prest and Chiani.

Rezgane was the lad, can't remember him playing a great deal. Sure we signed Prest with a keeper whose name escapes me.

39 minutes ago, yoda said:

I remember Steven Watt scoring an Andre Hainault volley from a corner against Dunfermline. 

Can't remember that, but do remember going through a period of scoring some screamers against Dunfermline. Brewster at home was unbelievable.

37 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Matteo Tomei, I remember getting his signature before the Gretna game when we got relegated! 

Apparently still playing Serie C football 😅

My favourite cult hero from back in the day was Amick Ciani 😍

Better than the signature I got before the Challenge Cup Final against Clyde, Alex Williams. Asked if he was starting and he said Letich was a p***k and walked off.

Ciana seemed technically decent, there was a goal against Clyde where he seemed to round the whole side before slotting it away.

As previously mentioned, the club did very well not to hit a turbulent few years after the relegation with Leitch. I know he divides opinion, but I really enjoyed watching the side under Adams.

3 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

Rezgane was the lad, can't remember him playing a great deal. Sure we signed Prest with a keeper whose name escapes me.

Rezgane was French, no wonder my brain was struggling to remember an Italian.

6 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

Can't remember that, but do remember going through a period of scoring some screamers against Dunfermline. Brewster at home was unbelievable.

Better than the signature I got before the Challenge Cup Final against Clyde, Alex Williams. Asked if he was starting and he said Letich was a p***k and walked off.

Ciana seemed technically decent, there was a goal against Clyde where he seemed to round the whole side before slotting it away.

As previously mentioned, the club did very well not to hit a turbulent few years after the relegation with Leitch. I know he divides opinion, but I really enjoyed watching the side under Adams.

Martin Prest scored the best hat trick I’ve ever seen in my life, and STV missed two of the three goals.  The goalkeeper was Ramiro Gonzalez, and he was a lunatic.  An occasionally spectacular lunatic.

Although annoying to be out of the cup, think the break has come at a really good time and will allow Charles-Cook and Hungbo etc to recharge.

Exciting season this, pleased to see lots of goals, despite dodgy defending. I like the way Malky has got the team playing and rate him as a manager. Avoiding the play offs is no given, but if a run of wins can be reached, could end up higher in the league than thought at start of season. 

Appears Sims chose County ahead of St. Mirren!! They were definitely after him as well.

Great signing, is contract really only 6 months? Shame if so. Still, if it keeps us up this season, any extra players welcome.

2 hours ago, Sonam said:

Appears Sims chose County ahead of St. Mirren!! They were definitely after him as well.

Great signing, is contract really only 6 months? Shame if so. Still, if it keeps us up this season, any extra players welcome.

I’m only guessing. It’s entirely County’s way. 

3 hours ago, Sonam said:

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m only guessing. It’s entirely County’s way. 

Pretty sure Malky said a fortnight ago that the free agent signing was a 2.5yr deal