The General Ross County Chat Thread

26 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Ramsay - excellent. Looks quick, timing of the tackle brilliant and confident on the ball. Would like to see him at right back to be honest.

Drysdale - gave away the penalty and was shaky first half but grew as the game went on. Also looks brilliant at taking the ball out from the back.

A.Samuel - meh. Guys a workhorse but if I went up front I’d run around a lot too so does that make me a player. He’s got absolute tree trunk legs as well which I didn’t realise until yesterday. Other than that I’m struggling for positives.

B.Paton - slightly anonymous. Similarities to his brother in terms of technique and range of passing, but never really had an influence on the game if I’m being honest.

Burroughs - genuinely lost with Burroughs as I don’t know what his best position is. I thought he was terrible yesterday if I’m honest and I don’t like slating players but he looked absolutely burst after half an hour. Positional sense was all over the place meaning Randall had double the work to do. I liked him at full back earlier on in the season and that is probably his best position but I sincerely hope we don’t see him on the wing again.

I noticed this as well, especially in the second half. Randall looked like he would have caused Livi some problems down that flank if Burroughs had at least offered him someone to overlap. There was a guy that kept screaming forward every time Randall got the ball, but there was no County player within 25 yards of him to pass it to.

Can't argue with the rest of your summary, although I don't appear to be as convinced as yourself about Ramsay. He was alright, don't get me wrong, but I'd also be keen to see him at full back.

Edited by central staggie

7 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

A.Samuel - meh. Guys a workhorse but if I went up front I’d run around a lot too so does that make me a player. He’s got absolute tree trunk legs as well which I didn’t realise until yesterday. Other than that I’m struggling for positives.

He's Craig Curran without the goalscoring instincts.

My dad has a Craig Curran mug.  Its been through the dishwasher so many times now his face has almost completely faded.  Faded like the memory of him up front laying it off for Boyce to slot home.  Sad times all round.

Edited by Pete the Jakey

Just days before window shuts and Malky in the papers stating he’s not going to sign players if they are no better than what we currently have in the squad fair enough but how bad a player is he looking at that is no better than A Samuel.

I find it a bit embarrassing when a top flight club has insufficient numbers to make up a bench makes us look very tinpot.

After Livingston cup game & Dundee Utd game I think it’s obvious we have insufficient players with injuries & suspensions in this busy period  we desperately need extra bodies and please no more loan signings 

5 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

First Premiership scorer to come from the Outer Hebrides?

I asked the club that, I can't think of anyone else.

Michael Gardyne's tweets that were apparently his "twitter being hacked".

Horrible when a player you one time loved turns out to be an increasingly shitty arsehole.