The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Staggie52 said:

While they probably had to put out a statement like that to cover themselves, once again they fail to connect with the fans. How many of the guys involved will read it never mind worry about it?  Next thing is they start chucking them out, banning them and the atmosphere goes along with a generation of fans. 

If the club doesn't do something then it's going to end up in trouble with the SFA, be it fines or point deductions or playing behind closed doors. What are they going to do? Not to sound like the boring old fart that I clearly am but if you're running onto the park at least do it for a big moment, like winning a cup or staying up on the last day. Running onto the park because your team took the lead is just a bit...I dunno. Strikes me as if they are looking for a reason to get on the pitch. I remember one when we won the Third Division, that felt earned & was good fun. But doing it because it's now 2-1 with 20 minutes to go? I don't get it.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

I don't mind loans of substantial quality such as this. League 1 loan players who won't get a game, not so much.

In isolation yeah. But there is a bit of a concern about long-term stability when you're having half the squad turn over ever 12 months (which is a problem we've had before even if they weren't loan signings then).

9 minutes ago, forkboy said:

In isolation yeah. But there is a bit of a concern about long-term stability when you're having half the squad turn over ever 12 months (which is a problem we've had before even if they weren't loan signings then).

Yeah I agree, We'll have to rebuild the full squad again in the summer and the chances of us getting any of our current loans made permanent is slim to to none.

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Yeah I agree, We'll have to rebuild the full squad again in the summer and the chances of us getting any of our current loans made permanent is slim to to none.

I’d have thought that restrictions etc won’t be so onerous come the summer so there should be more players available and willing to come up here. Malky’s recruitment this far has been pretty decent so I’d expect more of the same either now or the summer. 

Edited by StoneThrowAway

The quality of loan is better than we’d ever have got before imo , the only issue is as others have said the rather large turnover needed each year , the only way this could be rectified is if we either went for 18/24 month loans or loans with the option to buy, I know we don’t often “buy” players but if it was a pre arranged fee you could end up with a healthy profit in the end , for example I bet Clarke and hungbo’s values have increased significantly due to their time at county

On 19/01/2022 at 21:28, Lowrie83 said:

Daily Ranger is only place that this is being reported. No mention by either club of this having happened so would take with pinch of salt until officially announced somewhere 

Pic - 2022-01-19T152025.758.png

8 hours ago, Aqy said:

Statement from the club about the pitch invasions, hard to disagree with any of it. I don't really see the fascination with bombing onto the pitch myself. Always going to be a fine line with the young team as well, you want to encourage them to come along to games and show support, but not to get carried away and get themselves and the club in bother.

It was Motherwell, Motherwell for goodness sake.

If anything this is even more embarrassing than aping sectarianism.

7 hours ago, Comrie said:

I think the Livi game showed most of our back up options are nowhere near good enough.

Totally disagree. We made wholesale changes and apart from the penalty we created by far the better chances against their strong line-up. could easily have gone the other way. 

If you judge it on that then Callachan isn't good enough as he was totally anonymous yesterday.

Add any of them in individually to our first XI they would not stand out in a negative way.

We gave it a good go, Randall was excellent as was the away support - top drawer

Edited by staggiepete

How did Ramsay , Drysdale , A.Samuel , B.Paton and Burroughs perform yesterday? I never got to see the game due to work

Ramsay - excellent. Looks quick, timing of the tackle brilliant and confident on the ball. Would like to see him at right back to be honest.

Drysdale - gave away the penalty and was shaky first half but grew as the game went on. Also looks brilliant at taking the ball out from the back.

A.Samuel - meh. Guys a workhorse but if I went up front I’d run around a lot too so does that make me a player. He’s got absolute tree trunk legs as well which I didn’t realise until yesterday. Other than that I’m struggling for positives.

B.Paton - slightly anonymous. Similarities to his brother in terms of technique and range of passing, but never really had an influence on the game if I’m being honest.

Burroughs - genuinely lost with Burroughs as I don’t know what his best position is. I thought he was terrible yesterday if I’m honest and I don’t like slating players but he looked absolutely burst after half an hour. Positional sense was all over the place meaning Randall had double the work to do. I liked him at full back earlier on in the season and that is probably his best position but I sincerely hope we don’t see him on the wing again.