The General Ross County Chat Thread

10 hours ago, yoda said:

He was up in court a few months ago accused of assaulting and abusing an ex. The original article said it was going to trial at some point. It also said this:

Probably in line with the managers views on woman so I'm surprised he's not first on team sheet.

52 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I was totally not aware of this, holy crap. Adam Strachan vibes if true.

It flew under the radar back in September. Just behind a paywall on the Aberdeen Journals websites. The trial was supposed to be "later this year" so we can consider it overdue (not necessarily a surprise given the backlogs the courts are dealing with), unless charges were dropped even more quietly than they were revealed.

Delighted with how things are shaping up at the moment. Like him or not Mr Mackay deserves credit for giving us a team that is doing pretty well, and that is all I want to see. I am now slowly starting to go to games expecting something rather than hoping for something.  It has been a while since that has happened.

Daily Ranger is only place that this is being reported. No mention by either club of this having happened so would take with pinch of salt until officially announced somewhere 

Announced by P&J now too.

Disappointed, but not at the fact we’re losing him, more the fact it hasn’t really worked out. Part of that U20 league winning team, he was probably the last one in that team with a chance of making it here.

Personally, I don’t think he’s good enough for Prem football. I’m sure he’ll grow as a player with age, but I don’t think he’s any better than what we’ve currently got. It’s a shame though because he always gave his all and was constantly hampered with injuries.

Best of luck to him. Really hope he goes and makes a good career in the game after everything he’s been through.

10 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Announced by P&J now too.

Disappointed, but not at the fact we’re losing him, more the fact it hasn’t really worked out. Part of that U20 league winning team, he was probably the last one in that team with a chance of making it here.

Personally, I don’t think he’s good enough for Prem football. I’m sure he’ll grow as a player with age, but I don’t think he’s any better than what we’ve currently got. It’s a shame though because he always gave his all and was constantly hampered with injuries.

Best of luck to him. Really hope he goes and makes a good career in the game after everything he’s been through.

Agreed. It’s been so long since he has played for us, I can’t even remember if he was any good… 😅

Shame that Grivo's gone, was a big fan of his when we had our Championship excursion. I was hoping he'd challenge for a CB spot on his loan finishing. Hope he manages to get games in Ireland and finally progresses after being out with injuries for so long.

Statement from the club about the pitch invasions, hard to disagree with any of it. I don't really see the fascination with bombing onto the pitch myself. Always going to be a fine line with the young team as well, you want to encourage them to come along to games and show support, but not to get carried away and get themselves and the club in bother.

28 minutes ago, Aqy said:

Statement from the club about the pitch invasions, hard to disagree with any of it. I don't really see the fascination with bombing onto the pitch myself. Always going to be a fine line with the young team as well, you want to encourage them to come along to games and show support, but not to get carried away and get themselves and the club in bother.

While they probably had to put out a statement like that to cover themselves, once again they fail to connect with the fans. How many of the guys involved will read it never mind worry about it?  Next thing is they start chucking them out, banning them and the atmosphere goes along with a generation of fans. 

54 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

We're apparently looking at Ghanaian international Emmanuel Lomotey

Another loanee centre back?  Seems like there might be something to this, but I don’t like going through the same rigamarole every 6 months. 

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Another loanee centre back?  Seems like there might be something to this, but I don’t like going through the same rigamarole every 6 months. 

I don't mind loans of substantial quality such as this. League 1 loan players who won't get a game, not so much.