The General Ross County Chat Thread

8 hours ago, staggy4life said:

Our new RB looks fun.

If there is ever an indication as to how shite a football team are, it's putting up a highlight of a player running past a few players before making the wrong decision.

Has he been injured as of late? Just had a look the games Crewe have played recently and apart from 89 minutes in a heavy loss to Burton he's been getting reduced minutes. Before that he didn't make the squad for 11 games.

15 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

If there is ever an indication as to how shite a football team are, it's putting up a highlight of a player running past a few players before making the wrong decision.

Has he been injured as of late? Just had a look the games Crewe have played recently and apart from 89 minutes in a heavy loss to Burton he's been getting reduced minutes. Before that he didn't make the squad for 11 games.

According to Wikipedia he was injured on 19 October and was going to be out for 6-8 weeks, haven’t seen an update.

4 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Yesterday's news, other than been disappointed that a good player has moved on, I've heard next to no complaints about Hibs.

Advise having a look on OTB where there are many voices of reason.... 

MacGregor singing the praises of Mackay in the P&J this morning

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/3834267/ross-county-have-more-than-a-manager-in-malky-mackay-says-chairman-roy-macgregor/

“Looking back, some of the backlash from our supporters at the beginning was more than I thought a Highland club could have produced.

Maybe we didn’t get the chance to explain and show the depth of what the thinking was in hiring him. It was more than a football manager.

The routemap is very clear. He got a hard time because of his past, and people were not giving him a chance."

I think we are well past the point of doubling down. An embarrassment. 

Looking back, some of the backlash from our supporters at the beginning was more than I thought a Highland club could have produced.

What on Earth does that even mean? Did he think Highlanders share the abhorrent views of Mackay?

Every time McGregor opens his mouth, there is less and less chance of me ever giving him a penny again.

1 hour ago, UAE1929 said:

MacGregor singing the praises of Mackay in the P&J this morning

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/3834267/ross-county-have-more-than-a-manager-in-malky-mackay-says-chairman-roy-macgregor/

I think we are well past the point of doubling down. An embarrassment. 

I think it's quite clear Macgregor still doesn't get it, but I won't bother re-hashing old arguments.

Something that's new out of the RSJ write-up of the interview though:

"I chased Malky for seven years, but I never thought he would come to this level of football. It was just the right time, place and opportunity."

Seven years from 2021 takes us back to 2014. That suggests he first tried to appoint Mackay when Derek Adams was sacked at the end of August, pretty much a week after Mackay lost out on the Crystal Palace job due to Vincent Tan releasing those text messages.

Except the player wasn't recalled and then loaned to a rival club in the same division.  There's a subtle but important difference.

While you’re right - it was a kick in the teeth - Hibs aren’t really rival club in any shape or form. I’ve seen that worded thrown about a few times on this topic but there will be several places between us and them come the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Can’t really have any complaints about how Hibs handled the Clarke deal any more.  

2 hours ago, Forfinn said:

I'm sure some people will manage it.

14 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Except the player wasn't recalled and then loaned to a rival club in the same division.  There's a subtle but important difference.

Wahey!