The General Ross County Chat Thread

If we don't get a suitable replacement for Clarke I think we're in a bit of trouble. Iacovitti and Baldwin playing together is a serious worry in my opinion. Watson is okay but has no legs. We need a centre half a full back and a striker this window. I can see us getting a defender in but other than that I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

If we don't get a suitable replacement for Clarke I think we're in a bit of trouble. Iacovitti and Baldwin playing together is a serious worry in my opinion. Watson is okay but has no legs. We need a centre half a full back and a striker this window. I can see us getting a defender in but other than that I'm not sure.

Agreed we need a right back at the very least, although I still think theres a player in there somewhere with Iacovitti.

18 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I understand where you're coming from but I must admit I've been pleasantly surprised by how well Randall has performed on the left side of defense and with Vokins now fit and playing there putting Randall back to his more familiar right side should be safe enough. It's the fact that Clarke looked so good and offered so much going forward that we'll miss as a team.  

There's a case for maybe calling Grivosti back from his loan at Elgin, or Williamson from Nairn, they're playing at right back week in week out. If we never give these guys a chance to prove themselves, what's the point in having them.

3 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

There's a case for maybe calling Grivosti back from his loan at Elgin, or Williamson from Nairn, they're playing at right back week in week out. If we never give these guys a chance to prove themselves, what's the point in having them.

Asking a lot for someone like Williamson to come in and replace our best player. Grivosti is always going to have questions mark around his fitness.

We need an adequate replacement not just a bit part player.

30 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Asking a lot for someone like Williamson to come in and replace our best player. Grivosti is always going to have questions mark around his fitness.

We need an adequate replacement not just a bit part player.

I’d suggest Grivosti is better than at least two of the senior pros ahead of him. 

43 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Robertson has returned to Man City 

Disappointing that it's not worked out for him. Had been following his progress due to his da being an ex-Dee and Gavin Rae his uncle.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Disappointing that it's not worked out for him. Had been following his progress due to his da being an ex-Dee and Gavin Rae his uncle.

Didn't get much of a chance. When he came on he didn't look great but it's hard to judge off brief cameos.

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Roy says 4/5 to come in, starting from next week. Also says the club want to start delving into loans with option to buy so that the Clarke situation doesn’t reoccur.

When have we ever paid money for a player? Is there going to be a change in strategy and budgets?? 

2 minutes ago, staggiepete said:

When have we ever paid money for a player? Is there going to be a change in strategy and budgets?? 

Only massively over the odds to ICT - just because we can.

Just now, staggiepete said:

I heard a new CB loan from a English Championship club early next week. 

Is Jason Kerr getting a game at Wigan?

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Shows how much I follow English football.  Still think it’s a good guess if he’s not playing much.

I don't want to sound like a dick but there's zero chance he's moving to County this month.