The General Ross County Chat Thread

If Jack Baldwin could cut out the weird across the back hospital passes I'd be pretty confident in him now. He looks far more secure than he did earlier on in the season.

As for Cookie, his transformation continues to be unreal. Mind him last season in a one on one virtually falling over his own feet. This year, a beautiful wee dink over the keeper.

Must say Mackay’s got us playing some really good stuff just now, we constantly look a threat going forward. In Hungbo and RCC, we’ve got the pacey wingers we’ve been crying out for years, with a good end product.

First January in a while where we don’t look utterly hopeless and in need of a number of new players

12 hours ago, Comrie said:

If Jack Baldwin could cut out the weird across the back hospital passes I'd be pretty confident in him now. He looks far more secure than he did earlier on in the season.

As for Cookie, his transformation continues to be unreal. Mind him last season in a one on one virtually falling over his own feet. This year, a beautiful wee dink over the keeper.

Agree with all of this. Baldwin was very good last night for the most part, but there must be someone in the coaching setup that recognises this is already a bit of an issue. Malky was raging at him after the second attempted pass that put us under pressure last night, so here's hoping he sorts that out.

RCC goal was a touch of class last night, but his assist for Callachan's goal was outstanding - had about 5 yards between him and the byline and still showed the defender a clean pair of heels. 100 times the player he was last year.

Onwards and upwards, please.

The balance of the team is what impresses me most , having cancola or tillson anchor the midfield gives the likes of spittal , callachan, hungbo and Charles cook the license to roam and express themselves , white is also very good in the target man role he’s not going to score a heap of goals but he puts himself about and links the play pretty well for the wingers to bomb on down the sides 

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

So what do we need in January?

Strikers! We're creating & missing lots of chances.  I've heard that we've already had a few up for a trial/look around so hopefully we've been proactive and have targets lined up.

Secret agent Mikey Gardyne may be available, maybe a short term deal to add cover for RCC or Hungbo?

6 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Strikers! We're creating & missing lots of chances.  I've heard that we've already had a few up for a trial/look around so hopefully we've been proactive and have targets lined up.

Secret agent Mikey Gardyne may be available, maybe a short term deal to add cover for RCC or Hungbo?

As much as we need a finisher, we desperately need someone capable of managing a game in the middle. Tilson, Cancola and Paton all offer things, but this is not part of any of their games. Tilson isn't technical enough, Cancola isn't mobile enough and Paton is poor at the defensive side of things. Grivosti maybe if we can recall him and he's fit?

Edited by Comrie

I think I detect a common position that is determinedly partisan rather than visceral and given that the territory being defended is weak in the extreme, it is not a surprise.

The phrase du jour from Desmond Tutu concerns itself with silence being complicit and I'm in no small part disappointed that there hasn't been transparent and unequivocal closure to the most recent unpleasantness.

Are there any County supporters prepared to stand for what is decent?

As much as we need a finisher, we desperately need someone capable of managing a game in the middle. Tilson, Cancola and Paton all offer things, but this is not part of any of their games. Tilson isn't technical enough, Cancola isn't mobile enough and Paton is poor at the defensive side of things. Grivosti maybe if we can recall him and he's fit?

I think we have a good range of options in midfield personally. When we’re wanting to control games, I think Paton and Cancola give us a good balance. Celtic and Rangers away is well suited for Tillson as he can do the doggy running whilst Cancola has the ability to slow things down and put his foot on the ball.

As for a striker, it’s hard to get someone prolific in January. You’re asking the club to fork out a large sum as nobody wants to sell their in form strikers in January, and even then who is there that fits our budget? Zak Rudden maybe? And even then you’re asking a settled young guy to move away from his family 4 hours up the road. I honestly wouldnt be surprised if we make no signings, or potentially another young striker on loan from England maybe.

On 28/12/2021 at 10:36, Comrie said:

So what do we need in January?

Apart from a manager who isn't racist? An ability to hang on to a lead would be nice. Clearly the defence isn't good enough or they'd not have conceded more goals than anyone bar Dundee this season.

Edited by forkboy

17 hours ago, sophia said:

I think I detect a common position that is determinedly partisan rather than visceral and given that the territory being defended is weak in the extreme, it is not a surprise.

The phrase du jour from Desmond Tutu concerns itself with silence being complicit and I'm in no small part disappointed that there hasn't been transparent and unequivocal closure to the most recent unpleasantness.

Are there any County supporters prepared to stand for what is decent?

Unfortunately, you do have a tendency to overdo it!

Quote of the year from .

Cardle is Majic

Only thing worse than a thick poster is a poster who is thick and thinks they’re intelligent

On 28/12/2021 at 10:43, sophia said:

The completion and publication of the investigation into sectarian behaviour?

Yes.

Now please toddle back to the Championship threads.

You have a game tonight.

Perhaps if some of you concentrated on the behaviour of your own fans behaviour, the recent game against Kilmarnock, and the constant heckling of a certain players family was disgusting.

On 18/12/2021 at 20:04, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Agree with your second sentence, club have to stamp this out.

First one, definite Dingwall accents? The drums are beating, possibility one of the instigators is from further afield.

I will apologise if my source turns out to have given incorrect information.

A lot of comments on this site automatically use the words  from Glasgow when judging OF supporters.

Sadly a lot of the troublemakers come from cities, towns and villages outside Glasgow.

I guess it’s wanting to be the big man mentality.

On the journey to games they  get so tanked up on whatever, all the bigotry and bile spills out.

Having said that, judging by the faces in the Jailend section , they don’t appear old enough to be drinking, then again, you ever know .

11 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Hopefully this will be sorted out, and the person guilty is caught.

Setting aside the invective which isn't quite magic and your whataboutery, you do seem to be rather confused as to whether responsibility for sectarianism sits with a group of incomers or a single individual.

Have your drums beat out the rhythm of the truth yet?

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

Setting aside the invective which isn't quite magic and your whataboutery, you do seem to be rather confused as to whether responsibility for sectarianism sits with a group of incomers or a single individual.

Have your drums beat out the rhythm of the truth yet?

Absolutely no confusion or deflection.

We need to root out sectarianism.

Not sure what part you don’t understand?

Quote of the year, already awarded you you.

Championship thread is calling you.

And don’t forget to call out your own club for their disgusting comments towards the Kilmarnock player.

Cardle is Majic

Only thing worse than a thick poster is a poster who is thick and thinks they’re intelligent

How long is Alex Iacovitti out for? Watson, as much as he gives his all for the shirt probably isn't SPFL level and Donaldson seems to be out of the equation completely, so a CB appears a bit of a given.

What's happened to Ben Paton? Add to that Burroughs is supposed to be a CM I'd agree we have enough players to cover middle of the park.

Everyone is looking for a striker so wouldn't be surprised if we were too, but I'd expect one or two to leave for that to happen.

3 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

We need to root out sectarianism.

How exactly is that going?

The Jailend isn't exactly the biggest and these days not populated to any great degree. The self styled singing section as a fraction obviously houses a faction that is ill-founded and what period of time is required to put them on the square?