The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, Aqy said:

Well... I certainly have a three-course dinner of consisting entirely of humble pie to eat.

They let Aberdeen fans in last night. Surely they can set aside a few seats for us.

I am too, but with a side of "wait until the next game as Dundee were incredibly shite after the first goal"

On 25/10/2021 at 10:41, Forfinn said:

I wouldn't take sophia too seriously. However, there's a valid point in there. The opinion of a few dozen people on social media doesn't necessarily correlate with the (allegedly) 2,500 who were in attendance on Saturday, or the wider offline support.

I rather think you underestimate my expertise. Many experts agreed with me in understanding that the transition phase of the project would move on to consolidation and swiftly to positive progress.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I rather think you underestimate my expertise. Many experts agreed with me in understanding that the transition phase of the project would move on to consolidation and swiftly to positive progress.

I rather think that your grasp of grammar is not great. 

55 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

I rather think that your grasp of grammar is not great. 

Fair play, you've trumped me.

I must say that I was very impressed by Regan Charles-Cook's goals last night and it seems that he has come a long way from comparisons to Lionel Djebi-Zadi

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously we're not expecting to take any points away from Ibrox, but aside from Hungbo's razor-thin goal we really didn't offer anything again. Iacovitti and Baldwin were very poor, and hardly saw Callachan aside from doing his best to get sent off.

a wee bit of trivia spotted by a county fan I'm in a Twitter group with:

Jordan White scored the final goal of during Lennon's second Celtic reign, and Gerrard's Rangers reign:

image.png.edf10562be75d5432d98b0cf8efe35e1.png

15 hours ago, Comrie said:

a wee bit of trivia spotted by a county fan I'm in a Twitter group with:

Jordan White scored the final goal of during Lennon's second Celtic reign, and Gerrard's Rangers reign:

image.png.edf10562be75d5432d98b0cf8efe35e1.png

If he can make it a triple and get Mackay out, I'll never say a bad word about him again.

12 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Who are they going to quote in their next tweet? I'm going for either Walt Disney or Ken Livingstone.

Skip those, I could see Mackay coming out with the following after yet another hard fought loss

"Anyone can deal with victory. Only the mighty can bear defeat"

If there was going to be a club in the Premiership inadvertently using motivational quotes from a famous anti-semite in their promotional material this season, it was always going to be Ross County, wasn't it? At least they've deleted it now, which demonstrates more self-awareness than usual.

And I'm glad we've avoided a "Henry Ford apologised in 1927, surely it's time we gave him a second chance" narrative...

Pressed well against Hibs, bit fortunate with Doidge getting sent off, but the last 20 minutes was all County and should have scored more. Hopefully take some confidence heading into the DU game.