The General Ross County Chat Thread

Club have released another statement confirming that the investigation has concluded and no racist language was used.

Glad to see that none of our fans are that daft to shout that kind of stuff. Club can save the patronising pish about not tolerating that behaviour though. We employ Malky fucking Mackay.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I don't understand why the SPFL would investigate this in the first place given that there's no strict liability and they wouldn't be able to punish County anyway.

True. An attempt to be seen to be pro-active on the subject? They'd get a kicking for sitting back and being seen to ignore a very real issue, and left to the clubs alone there's a danger of an us-and-them or he-said-I-said outcome. A hiding either way. It'd be nice to have all the 'evidence' in the public domain - lots of views and comments and t-shirts - but I've yet to hear detail supporting the 'judgements'. (Unless I've missed something).

I don't understand why the SPFL would investigate this in the first place given that there's no strict liability and they wouldn't be able to punish County anyway.

Aye I thought this myself. Such a hard thing to prove either way. Understand they have to go through the whole process of an investigation but it must be very tough to prove whether the culprit was guilty or not.

Even ignoring the manager, who could've predicted that releasing 3/4s of a squad all at once would at best equal a slow start to the season?

Aye, no way Midge would add anything to this team.

3 games left in October: Livingston at home, Dundee away & Hibs at home. If there's still no wins when we've played the 2 teams closest to us in the league then Malky has to go. I mean he has to go anyway but fucking hell. If they are just writing the season off after 1/4 of it has been played then at least give some of the young lads a chance because at this point it's not like any of them could be less effective than our first team forwards who've managed 1 goal between them in the league.

But that belief has to have soul with it. So, after 10 years its ‘Where is the soul, where is the cause?’, you are a Premiership club but ‘who are you?’. So, as we go forward now, we have probably come to a junction in the road that we need to go and examine who we are, to understand if the values we had 25 years ago still apply today.”

“Football is very different to every other business. But the successful teams know who they are. Whether you are Manchester City, Liverpool, Chelsea, the identity of that club is very clear and I do feel that from my position, that after 9 out of 10 years in the Premiership, we need to uncover our identity again and to make sure that for the next 10 years the direction is very clear and mapped out well.”

“We do need to take stock and particularly that relationship with the fan has to become stronger. We have less community clubs, which puts more pressure on us. We need to understand, clearly, where we are and where we need to go. 

Edited by Loki

😂 what fucking clown said that?  That’s aged very well. Our identity is now of an absolute bunch of jobbers playing for a racist.  There is no “soul”.  The “soul” of the club has always been the fans and the community, but you ripped that away with the appointment of a known racist.

County are getting what they deserve. 

[emoji23] what fucking clown said that?  That’s aged very well. Our identity is now of an absolute bunch of jobbers playing for a racist.  There is no “soul”.  The “soul” of the club has always been the fans and the community, but you ripped that away with the appointment of a known racist.

Racism issues aside, was he even that good a manager anyway, don’t think his record was that great. Yes Cardiff, but did he not leave them in financial trouble. I can’t really comment too much as I stopped going to the games (my money won’t contribute to his wages), but I read and hear the same stuff every week. We are a shambles, not overly surprised, we were terrible last season, let a lot of players go, replaced them with kids on loan and a couple strikers with really bad scoring records.

19 minutes ago, Loki said:

😂 what fucking clown said that?  That’s aged very well. Our identity is now of an absolute bunch of jobbers playing for a racist.  There is no “soul”.  The “soul” of the club has always been the fans and the community, but you ripped that away with the appointment of a known racist.

It still amazes me that the very next day Roy went and appointed Mackay. It's one thing abandoning it all in exchange for success but to abandon it all in exchange for our worst ever start to a season?

Edited by Forfinn

I've not watched County at all this season - other than highlights - so I'm probably not best placed to comment but "0 wins in 9 games" and "3 points from 27" seem to be more important statistics than "had lots of shots".

We've go three equally dreadful strikers who will get 8 goals between them. Yet another hapless clown at centre-back, and the only good defender punted out at right-back because the actual right-back should be clogging about the eighth tier of English football. The only roll of the dice seems to be that maybe the keeper should be dropped and Ross Laidlaw can save us.