The General Ross County Chat Thread

46 minutes ago, RiG said:

At the end of the day this just birthday card pish and if Uncle Roy has any fear that you might overtaken by ourselves (if you were to get relegated) then he won't hesitate to pull the trigger to stop that from happening.

Normally I'd agree but Roy had a major bee in his bonnet about the backlash he received when appointing Mackay, genuinely wouldn't be surprised if his ego got in the way of sacking him.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

Normally I'd agree but Roy had a major bee in his bonnet about the backlash he received when appointing Mackay, genuinely wouldn't be surprised if his ego got in the way of sacking him.

Janey Godley is looking for a new gig. A ready made replacement. 

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

The funny thing is we are actually doing ok performance wise and have punched above our weight in some fixtures (aberdeen,hearts, rangers to an extent) but due to malky’s baggage he is getting far more criticism.

we really ought to win soon though and even then we could do with winning 2 of our next 3 against the “lesser” teams

I'd have said the funny thing is posting that immediately after Comrie posted this

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

EDIT: Malky has the joint worst league start of any Ross County manager, tied with Willie McStay on eight.

If you want to stay up you need to do more than just beat the teams around you. "Punched above our weight" with Rangers ffs, we got turned over 4-2, that's not a bright spot. The performance itself wasn't terrible but we still conceded 4. You just have to look at the league table: 6 scored, 16 conceded. Only Dundee have scored fewer, & no one has conceded more so far. One cleansheet. This is, it's quite reasonable to say, bad. Shite even.

Yes, granted, Malky gets none of the benefit of the doubt any not-racist manager would get but that's on him & his piss-poor decisions. But he could be, for example, a club legend who was with us through a rise from Division 2 to the top flight & people would be asking questions after a start this bad. Yes, COVID outbreak was unfortunate. Yes, the fixture list wasn't exactly kind. Doesn't fucking matter, we've played nearly 1 complete round of fixtures & don't look like we could keep a cleansheet if the collective livelihood of every single person on Earth depended on it. And nor do we look particularly dangerous at the other end of the park to makeup for that inadequacy.

Edited by forkboy

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7043/CLUB-STATEMENT.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dundeeunitedfc

Now with the SPFL and Police Scotland.

McKay and County looking increasingly awful here which is no dig at fans in here who seemed to get it from the start.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7043/CLUB-STATEMENT.html?key=dufc&utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dundeeunitedfc
McKay and County looking increasingly awful here which is no dig at fans in here who seemed to get it from the start.

Well done Dundee Utd. Racism always needs calling out[emoji122][emoji122]

6 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Great.  I hope the fan involved is prosecuted and banned for life.   I’m sure the County SLO, who is a decent guy,  will be the first to offer the unconditional apologies of the broader County support to the player involved.  Neither the fan, nor our manager, speak for the broader fan base.  

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Great.  I hope the fan involved is prosecuted and banned for life.   I’m sure the County SLO, who is a decent guy,  will be the first to offer the unconditional apologies of the broader County support to the player involved.  Neither the fan, nor our manager, speak for the broader fan base.  

Not convinced, decent enough guy by all accounts but his silence at the time of Mackay's appointment was disappointing. He said he'd speak with the club, then never discussed it further.

Anyway, it's good to see the clubs social media are lying low at the moment....

3 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Not convinced, decent enough guy by all accounts but his silence at the time of Mackay's appointment was disappointing. He said he'd speak with the club, then never discussed it further.

Anyway, it's good to see the clubs social media are lying low at the moment....

Whoever runs the social media is clearly out of their depth.

1 hour ago, UAE1929 said:

I don't know his personal views on the issue, but in his defence, he was receiving representations both for and against the appointment so it would have been a difficult thing for someone in his position to take a side on. However, he did pass correspondence on to the club and I know Steven Ferguson followed up personally on some of the more constructive criticism that was received.

What an absolute tin pot club we have become.   Our statement on the whole situation just looks incredibly fucking dumb. 

How can Ross County properly punish a person for racism, when they have a known racist managing them?  And that known racist hasn’t done anything in the last week to show why he’s a changed man?

On 08/10/2021 at 17:04, invergowrie arab said:

If a County fan is guily of racist abuse of Fuchs they needed banned immediately. From home games, the supporters bus, everything. Get them to f**k.

At least we condemned any sort of racism until the investigation was complete. Imagine if we just dismissed the claim and our racist manager came out and had a dig at another manager standing up against racism, followed by ill timed at best social media posts. That would've been a disaster am I right?

On 09/10/2021 at 15:52, Loki said:

What an absolute tin pot club we have become.   Our statement on the whole situation just looks incredibly fucking dumb. 

How can Ross County properly punish a person for racism, when they have a known racist managing them?  And that known racist hasn’t done anything in the last week to show why he’s a changed man?

I’m increasingly convinced somebody at the club posts here.  Today’s social media update is either a subtle yet barbed comment on the manager, or deliberately antagonistic to the supporters, or the least self aware post in the history of the internet.