The General Ross County Chat Thread

This is what happens when you employ a racist, sends a message to all associated with the club that racism isn't that bad as long as you say sorry after. If something was said (I've heard from a few at the game that nothing racist was said but I wasn't there so who knows) then the individual should be charged and never allowed in a football ground again. Much like Mackay should've. 

Also pretty decent that we've not won a game yet. 

I know a few of the lads that went down and all have said nothing racist was shouted, but the way we're dealing with this is a complete and utter fucking car crash like everything else over the last year or so. I'm not supporting the club financially at all at the moment and I'm starting to doubt I'll ever do again unless things seriously change. 

7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

I know a few of the lads that went down and all have said nothing racist was shouted, but the way we're dealing with this is a complete and utter fucking car crash like everything else over the last year or so. I'm not supporting the club financially at all at the moment and I'm starting to doubt I'll ever do again unless things seriously change. 

It’s certainly very possible that whatever was shouted was misheard by Jeando and hopefully that’s the case, but for Mackay to come out and basically question how the Dundee Utd manager was able to get his hands on an anti-racism t-shirt is mental.  Then again he is a horrible racist c**t.

If you hadn’t employed him your manager is the type of guy that would be on GB News instead; mewling about people taking the knee and shouting in a TV studio about how you can’t say anything these days. As it is, instead he’s here and decided the appropriate response to a clearly distressed player saying he heard racist abuse was to accuse his opposite manager of a “premeditated” decision to … defend his player from alleged racism? The “interesting stance” thing is such a tell - Mackay is clearly one of those people who believe you shouldn’t make a fuss about racism. Sweep sweep. Basically implying that Tam Courts sticking up for an allegedly abused player is point scoring or something? While saying point blank the player “misheard” it as if Malky Mackay is the fucking authority here. Rehabilitated aye.

As embarrassing as it obviously is for the decent County fans his position as a manager in our top flight is a bit of a stain on all Scottish football tbh. Thinking here of the way his pals on Sportsound roundly welcomed his appointment. And with some recent incidents in the lower leagues it’s hard not to think things are getting worse again here like they are across Europe, and thinking it’s alright for Mackay to have a top flight job without ever having to properly explain or show contrition for the things he said in the past is part of that.

Edit: added a few “alleged”s. I tend to lean toward thinking why would a player invent racial abuse but obviously it’s possible he could have misheard it. But the real problem is for that to be an assumption rather than Mackay saying, as a few people have said, the matter should be investigated and if found to be true the full weight of the law will come down on the fan, racism is never acceptable etc etc. Good on Tam Courts for believing his player until given a reason not to - the correct response.

Anyone know where I can find mackay’s interview , from what folk have said his stance sounds bonkers and this could’ve been the chance for him to show he was “reformed” and have some sympathy and humility towards the potential victim instead it sounds an awful lot like he wants to sweep it under the carpet

I really hope the accusations aren’t true but if they are then the perpetrator needs a life ban, there’s no room for that behaviour in football or in any walk of life

I really hope the accusations aren’t true but if they are then the perpetrator needs a life ban, there’s no room for that behaviour in football or in any walk of life

This is almost word for word what Mackay or a manager in that position should have said!

I saw his interview on last night’s Sportscene after the highlights

14 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Anyone know where I can find mackay’s interview.

Here - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/malky-mackay-questions-thomas-courts-21746209

“There has been confusion as to what that was because our chief executive and members of the Dundee United staff were in seeing the referee at half-time.

“There had been authorities seeing where our fans were. It appears it was a swear word. That’s coming from Dundee United stewards who are in among them.

“It appears it was misheard from the pitch. People have said it was a swear word.”

Courts appeared at full time with the red T-shirt with an anti-racism message on it and Mackay branded it 'interesting judgement' from the Tannadice gaffer.

He said: “I thought it was an interesting thing to do considering he doesn’t know exactly what has happened, neither do I.

“It is clearly premeditated because that red T-shirt isn’t sitting on the bench, so considering at half-time that was being explained to both clubs.

“For a manager to do that it was an interesting situation and something that was an interesting judgement call to make.”

It's a bit depressing how many County fans do seem to be able to defend the indefensible, while also being mildly ironic that on the pitch the team is quite incapable of defending the defensible.

25 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Genuine question, what do we honestly think it would take to get rid of Malky? I firmly believe that if we get relegated this season he’ll still be manager next season, as Roy seems really bought into this whole process pish.

Is there a process? Eight games without a win, joint bottom of the league.

No idea how and when he will go, unfortunately I don't think it will be imminently, much to the clubs detriment.

44 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Genuine question, what do we honestly think it would take to get rid of Malky? I firmly believe that if we get relegated this season he’ll still be manager next season, as Roy seems really bought into this whole process pish.

He surely has to get at least one win in the next three games. He can make all the excuses he wants about turnover of players,  performances being good etc but no victories in the first round of games has got to be a sackable offence, doesn't it? Narey's Toepoker pointed out on Twitter earlier that this is our worst start to a season since joining the leagues in 1994.

A victory or two in this next run of games and that could signal a corner being turned. I do believe the backroom set-up needed professionalised and some of the summer signings have promise. As I've said before, and will no doubt say again, it's just a shame we couldn't have gotten someone in to manage that transformation who isn't Malky Mackay.

9 hours ago, Forfinn said:

He surely has to get at least one win in the next three games. He can make all the excuses he wants about turnover of players,  performances being good etc but no victories in the first round of games has got to be a sackable offence, doesn't it? Narey's Toepoker pointed out on Twitter earlier that this is our worst start to a season since joining the leagues in 1994.

A victory or two in this next run of games and that could signal a corner being turned. I do believe the backroom set-up needed professionalised and some of the summer signings have promise. As I've said before, and will no doubt say again, it's just a shame we couldn't have gotten someone in to manage that transformation who isn't Malky Mackay.

Surely it’s the worst start in the club’s history? I can’t see you not ever winning in the first 8 games in the HL?

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Surely it’s the worst start in the club’s history? I can’t see you not ever winning in the first 8 games in the HL?

You're probably right. I guess Mr Toepoker's data only goes back that far. I'm certainly not inclined to check back any further!

However, it's fair to caveat it with the way the fixtures have fallen. We wouldn't have expected to get a victory over any of the teams we've played so far. The remaining three games of the first round of fixtures are against St Mirren, Livingston and Dundee - arguably the three teams we should be expecting to beat. So I'll reserve judgement on the footballing side of Mackay's tenure until those games are done.

Edited by Forfinn

My memory is pish but Malky has gotten more time than Dick Campbell got in 2007, and that was at a point where County were top of the league (IIRC) with 4 wins, 3 draws & the 1 loss.

But I just don't see McGregor being willing to take the loss on this considering the criticism he's rightly gotten. 

EDIT: Malky has the joint worst league start of any Ross County manager, tied with Willie McStay on eight.

Edited by Comrie

The funny thing is we are actually doing ok performance wise and have punched above our weight in some fixtures (aberdeen,hearts, rangers to an extent) but due to malky’s baggage he is getting far more criticism.

we really ought to win soon though and even then we could do with winning 2 of our next 3 against the “lesser” teams

5 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

The funny thing is we are actually doing ok performance wise and have punched above our weight in some fixtures (aberdeen,hearts, rangers to an extent) but due to malky’s baggage he is getting far more criticism.

we really ought to win soon though and even then we could do with winning 2 of our next 3 against the “lesser” teams

Although the quality of football has improved our two main issues:

a) lack of goals
b) utter inability to defend for 90 minutes

Are no closer to being resolved than last season.

Edited by Comrie

19 minutes ago, Comrie said:

EDIT: Malky has the joint worst league start of any Ross County manager, tied with Willie McStay on eight.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Outwith the Smith era, I think that was the most unenjoyable period I can remember in the last 20 years or so following County. 

28 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

No team stays up solely beating the teams around them once or twice a season. Malky's criticism is well deserved imo as he's not won a game and we are chronically bad in both boxes, which is made worse by the fact we play midfielders and defenders out of position and sign forwards with poor at best goal records. 

His baggage (Racist tendencies) is bad enough for some including myself to not go to games but pairing that with not winning games and having a 'season starts next week' mentality after every game we lose is a shambles. 

I'll add that I think Malky could relegate us and he wouldn't get binned as the club was harping on about this 'plan' for the future of Ross County.

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

I'll add that I think Malky could relegate us and he wouldn't get binned as the club was harping on about this 'plan' for the future of Ross County.

At the end of the day this just birthday card pish and if Uncle Roy has any fear that you might overtaken by ourselves (if you were to get relegated) then he won't hesitate to pull the trigger to stop that from happening.

Edited by RiG