The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

I thought Tillson was horrendous. Time and again he lost his man, including Boyce for the 1st. 

GK looked better than Laidlaw but thought his distribution was poor and v slow. 

From my view of the first goal, from the ESE, Tillson had to move out to the left to help Ben Paton, who was getting doubled up on, Boyce was then passed on to Baldwin (maybe Iacovitti) who then gave him too much space.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Draper is done. His legs have been taped on for the last 2 years.

Spoke to a Cove fan and he can't get or stay fit. He really should have hung his boots up, he's falling apart like Davies in his final season at the club.

Wasn't at the game today, but sounds like it was a familiar old story of played well and had chances, but sloppy defending has cost us again.  Happy to be corrected but nonetheless frustrating. Feels like we are so close to getting a decent result but still far enough away to be pessimistic for next week.

Fair play United, seem to be playing well at the moment.

Yer man Malky doesn't help himself, does he?

Defending alleged racist chants from a County supporter by saying the affected United player "must've misheard" what was shouted.

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Defending alleged racist chants from a County supporter by saying the affected United player "must've misheard" what was shouted.

He really is an utterly rancid individual, who clearly hasn’t changed his views. If I was a County fan i would want him out immediately - not that I would ever have accepted hiring him. 

A lot of County fans took issue with Mackay being appointed and still do take issue with him. I know a number of folk who aren't financially supporting the club for the foreseeable future (myself included). I have firsthand experience of confronting folk who racially abuse players.

The alleged actions of one moron doesn't make us all racists.

Hopefully it gets investigated by both clubs and if something was said or gestured then the person responsible gets banned.

10 hours ago, yoda said:

A lot of County fans took issue with Mackay being appointed and still do take issue with him. I know a number of folk who aren't financially supporting the club for the foreseeable future (myself included). I have firsthand experience of confronting folk who racially abuse players.

The alleged actions of one moron doesn't make us all racists.

Hopefully it gets investigated by both clubs and if something was said or gestured then the person responsible gets banned.

Confronting racism is our standard operating procedure and it is not something that should be anything other than normal.

It appears to me that that you are using the "one bad apple" defence that was so roundly condemned this week.

Guest superward

Such an easy situation for Mackay to deal with post match.

Instead he goes down the route of 'misheard' and 'premeditated' in response to Courts showing the show the racism the red card t shirt at the end. 

Given Mackay's previous it's absolute madness to respond in that way.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, any normal person would have just mentioned it's being investigated. 

But nope, the big racist has to defend/deny it. 

22 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Aye, any normal person would have just mentioned it's being investigated. 

But nope, the big racist has to defend/deny it. 

It's lucky he went on his rehabilitation course and changed his character tbh. Who knows what he'd have come out with if he hadn't "done his time and come out it reformed"...