The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hard to say how Samuel will do based on his time with us. As well as being six years ago, 20 of his 29 appearances were from the bench. He never got a proper chance at a run of starts.

Although two of his four goals were against Motherwell so he has scored v Premiership opposition, not that Baraclough's Motherwell are much of a benchmark.

Just checking some numbers:

Oli Shaw: 133 games, 28 goals = 4.75 games per goal

Alex Samuel: 176 games, 23 goals = 7.65 games per goal

Dominic Samuel: 155 games, 31 goals = 5 games per goal

Increasing concerns on we'll be heavily reliant on White and Callachan for goals this season.

Edited by Comrie

7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Just checking some number:

Oli Shaw: 133 games, 28 goals = 4.75 games per goal

Alex Samuel: 176 games, 23 goals = 7.65 games per goal

Dominic Samuel: 155 games, 31 goals = 5 games per goal

Increasing concerns on we'll be heavily reliant on White and Callachan for goals this season.

This new guy sounds like Craig Curran.

9 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Pre-concussion, Curran was wonderful and I've always thought we were robbed of a wonderful partnership with him and Boyce.

I won’t find it now, but I compiled some stats back in the day (which I think I shared here) and Boyce was essentially twice as productive alongside Curran compared to without him. A great partnership and I absolutely loved watching Curran play. One of my favourites over the years..

Unless we have signed some and not announced them yet I’m not enthused by our deadline day at all , getting Samuel in is a good move but at the expense of losing shaw it’s not IMO you need 4 strikers to operate in a squad due to form, injury, formation etc also we needed a winger and rather than bring one in we have lost one in letting Ryan Macleman go to clach on loan I do realise he may not be at this level yet but we are very short of wingers I’d have kept him around until we signed someone. 
as I said hopefully the club did someone and haven’t announced it , I think they’ve done that before?

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Unless we have signed some and not announced them yet I’m not enthused by our deadline day at all , getting Samuel in is a good move but at the expense of losing shaw it’s not IMO you need 4 strikers to operate in a squad due to form, injury, formation etc also we needed a winger and rather than bring one in we have lost one in letting Ryan Macleman go to clach on loan I do realise he may not be at this level yet but we are very short of wingers I’d have kept him around until we signed someone. 
as I said hopefully the club did someone and haven’t announced it , I think they’ve done that before?

Can still sign free transfers...

So looks like this will be the squad till January. Might see Munro go out on loan to a lower league club this month but otherwise I imagine it wont change. I'm not entirely sure what our best XI is, but I am not sure any best XI is going to be especially good. I hope to be proved wrong though!

image.thumb.png.c2de4ffd7a7045b57a075f4f9a500546.png