The General Ross County Chat Thread

28 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Club have closed the club shop today due to 'unforeseen circumstances' I wonder if it's COVID issues on the back of the Rangers game. 

if true, at least it'll mean postponed games rather than forfeits as seems to be the case now

52 minutes ago, staggiepete said:

Didn't know we had a player involved, was it announced before he joined us?

Take it this means he's still injured, anyone seen when he's supposed to be back? Or if he's gone back to his club?

IMG_2905.thumb.jpeg.a0bc8a4d830114d923482a1004e38e2c.jpeg

He was announced at the start of the week as being in the squad.

6 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Loan player from last season, Leo Hjelde signs for Leeds United for £840,000. 

I thought he looked like he had great potential and could really go far in his professional career, best of luck to him.

I dont know about the VvD comparison, but he did very well for such a young lad last season. Played his part in keeping us in the league.

Would appear on the strength of some of the loan signings this season, not just at County but throughout the league, English premiership teams are recognising the benefit of sending prospects up here. Hope Hjelde does well on the back of his time with us.

33 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Apparently we are signing Oli Shaw. Thoughts on him?

When we played to his strengths (balls slipped down the side of defenders) he was pretty useful. Pity we spent most of the time hammering aimless long balls at him where he'd get bullied by stronger defenders.

I think he'll do well in the second tier.

Shaw is the best forward at the club. It's a sin that he's not had a look in since January. 

I'd be incredibly disappointed to see County let him go. He offers something that isn't a big immobile lump.

8 hours ago, yoda said:

Shaw is the best forward at the club. It's a sin that he's not had a look in since January. 

I'd be incredibly disappointed to see County let him go. He offers something that isn't a big immobile lump.

I second this. Must mean we are getting somebody in to replace him tho…

9 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

We paid a few for shaw surelt we can’t just let him go for free , was he not our top scorer last year? Very very bizarre he’s not had more game time

He'll probably go for an undisclosed fee which will be about a third of what we paid for him.