The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hungbo is probably one of the most exciting loanees , to be fair time will tell but the on the face of it the quality of loanees looks better than what we normally get I mean we’ve picked up one from Watford , Manchester City , Arsenal , Southampton which are all mainly established premier league teams , the other benefit to this is taking loanees from rangers and Celtic means they can’t play in 3/4 games a season whereas all these lads don’t have any issues coming up against a parent club

1 hour ago, Rcfc fan said:

Hungbo is probably one of the most exciting loanees , to be fair time will tell but the on the face of it the quality of loanees looks better than what we normally get I mean we’ve picked up one from Watford , Manchester City , Arsenal , Southampton which are all mainly established premier league teams , the other benefit to this is taking loanees from rangers and Celtic means they can’t play in 3/4 games a season whereas all these lads don’t have any issues coming up against a parent club

What about next season when we compete in Europe? Short sighted imo.

Yeah these loan signings look the part, and hopefully gives us a chance.  But you know Randall and Donaldson at the back.    Rangers next up as well.  What’s our record defeat as a premiership side and as senior team?

Think it’s 6-0 vs Celtic and I guess our record home defeat will still be the 1-6 against Meadowbank.  Hopefully these aren’t in danger come Sunday.

Edited to add:  I’ll clarify senior as I know technically both the North Caley and Highland League are senior.  I mean in major cup competitions or since being admitted to the league in 1994.

Edited by Loki

Yogi was on the Open Goal coupon show last night and confirmed that he wanted the job but Roy told him he wanted to go another direction. Yogi despite his flaws is such a likable guy and I can't help but feel there'd be more of a feel good factor with him here.

47 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Yogi was on the Open Goal coupon show last night and confirmed that he wanted the job but Roy told him he wanted to go another direction. Yogi despite his flaws is such a likable guy and I can't help but feel there'd be more of a feel good factor with him here.

Yeah, I agree he comes across as a good guy but there's no way I want him to be our manager ever again because he's pish.  

Imo we survived relegation last season despite Yogi, not because of him, the football was shocking.

22 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Yeah, I agree he comes across as a good guy but there's no way I want him to be our manager ever again because he's pish.  

Imo we survived relegation last season despite Yogi, not because of him, the football was shocking.

I agree with that, I feel he did just about enough to warrant an opportunity because he kept us up when we looked down and out. The football was howling though. This season however looks as though it's only going one way and I wonder if it could've gone the other way under Yogi.

26 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Agreed. But at the same time; not a racist.  

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Weird that the statement at the time said: "The club can today confirm that John has decided to explore further football opportunities and with the imminent expiry of his contract, John will leave the club." Rather like "deciding" to leave a nightclub after the bouncer has told you to do one. Hopefully it was just a ham-fisted attempt to save Hughes some face rather than anything more disingenuous.

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

It looks like it's the guys who do Highland Hog Roasts doing our catering this season.

This hopefully bodes well though. Sounds like they've gone for a quality bid from a local company rather than simply chasing margins. And for "have committed to maintaining some of the popular product range that has served us so well" read "haggis pies from Deas".

Think the split with yogi was right from a footballing side but from a supporters side he was much easier to get behind , a very likeable individual, as for the catering I think it looks a good move and to have catering outside the ground aswell is also a good decision , not many football grounds will sell hog roasts I’d imagine! 

34 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Think the split with yogi was right from a footballing side but from a supporters side he was much easier to get behind , a very likeable individual, as for the catering I think it looks a good move and to have catering outside the ground aswell is also a good decision , not many football grounds will sell hog roasts I’d imagine! 

Hopefully they’ll expans the range somewhat.   Overcooked meat pies and beefy drink is so 1953. 

I'm not really sure what else they can do with The Staggies Bar. There's not really any space to expand it to get in more matchday punters and they already tried and failed turning it into a normal restaurant on non-matchdays. I remember they even hired some pub singer to play in the bar after games, but the place was still deserted within half an hour.

4 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Any good? Wonder if we'll be bringing anything weird and wonderful to the menu.

What I've had from them has generally very good (numerous times at Loopallu) but it wasn't cheap, but was probably inflated on site prices for a festival.

3 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

Ooft. We are 2 (TWO) league games into the season! Did you think we’d probably win the league a few seasons back when we won our opening 2 (TWO) games?

Nah I didn't think we'd win the league obviously I'm not an idiot, I just think taking in 6+ loan players who've got limited at best first team experience and pairing them with our already horrendous defence and expecting them to stay up is a tough ask. Might be proven wrong but I'd expect us to struggle with what we have at the minute.