The General Ross County Chat Thread

Certainly at one point loan transfers that were cross border were not considered as loans.  It’s like a permanent transfer of the registration that you agree to permanently transfer back at a defined time in the future. 

Is the Rangers game no longer on Sky as it’s moved to the Sunday?

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You're signing a winger.

But its a young English kid on loan.

Who played 6 games for Aldershot last season.

In fairness, compared with the other loans who were mostly met with “meh”, the Watford fans seem to rave about this guy.  

1 hour ago, grantmacp said:

I may be wrong but I think the six player loan restriction is only if they come in from other Scottish clubs.

Malky still has time to have a full team of loan signings before the window closes allowing the fans to feel fully invested in “our” club really enjoy developing players for other clubs.

As I said before, it is genuinely like a game of Football Manager. 

Also, bringing it back to that interview the other day, Mackay stated his need for experience, yet continually brings in lads under the age of 23. I cannot work it out at all. 

47 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, compared with the other loans who were mostly met with “meh”, the Watford fans seem to rave about this guy.  

Just had a look there and some thought he'd have got minutes for them in the prem. Could be a shrewd bit of business until he's recalled in January.

3 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

As I said before, it is genuinely like a game of Football Manager. 

Also, bringing it back to that interview the other day, Mackay stated his need for experience, yet continually brings in lads under the age of 23. I cannot work it out at all. 

Almost like he's making it up as he goes along.

5 hours ago, Loki said:

IIRC, it was never selected by Sky in the first place? A rarity for an Old Firm away game, but they do occasionally pay lip service to other teams. On this occasion, Dundee v Hibs.

Edited by Forfinn

6 hours ago, Loki said:

Certainly at one point loan transfers that were cross border were not considered as loans.  It’s like a permanent transfer of the registration that you agree to permanently transfer back at a defined time in the future. 

Nevermind. RCFC are bringing in Mark Hateley for the game to work alongside Hamilton & Craigan, an exciting return for a County legend. Was it 2 appearances he managed before buggering off again? If memory serves me one was away & the other my folks had taken us to visit my granny so missed both those games.

Putting being snide aside for a moment, at least they've finally brought in a wide player. And Watford just signed him until 2024 so they clearly think highly of him.

Edited by forkboy

2 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Nevermind. RCFC are bringing in Mark Hateley for the game to work alongside Hamilton & Craigan, an exciting return for a County legend. Was it 2 appearances he managed before buggering off again? If memory serves me one was away & the other my folks had taken us to visit my granny so missed both those games.

Both away games for Hateley iirc, I never seen him play for us either.

6 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Lovely shirt and boots to be fair 

gettyimages-1298747529-612x612.jpg

Edited by UAE1929

Mark Hateley's spell at Ross County was an interesting one, for those who don't remember it. It got a pretty savage write-up in the Guardian. The quotes from Neale Cooper and Hateley are more memorable than his actual play:

Cooper: "I had to consider the effect he was having on the team and, unfortunately, there was a negative reaction to his presence," he said. "We never looked the same team in the last two matches. I don't know why. On the other hand teams we were playing were much more motivated and lifted."

Hateley: "I think Neale basically just bottled it," he said. "It's unbelievable. I told him it was just a coincidence the team had gone into a lull and he had to give me a couple of more games, especially as our next two matches were at home.

A mate of mine saw every minute Hateley played for us and said he is one of laziest players ever to wear a County shirt.

Edited by Comrie

1 hour ago, grantmacp said:

Take it he never saw Julian Broddle

I always thought Charlie Adam was a lazy fucker, never looked particularly arsed when he was on loan with us. Even that goal against St Mirren I put down to him not being bothered to run up the park a bit more.

1 hour ago, UAE1929 said:

I always thought Charlie Adam was a lazy fucker, never looked particularly arsed when he was on loan with us. Even that goal against St Mirren I put down to him not being bothered to run up the park a bit more.

At least Adam had a wee bit of quality about him, whereas Hateley sounded like the ball pinged off him at 100mph.