The General Ross County Chat Thread

55 minutes ago, Loki said:

I thought Vigurs was our best player in our winning run of three games that saw us safe.  I thought he was hindered by Stephen Kelly, who I really expected more from.  He certainly did better under Hughes than Kettlewell.  Him and Naismith should have both been kept on.

No shots on target does seem bleak, but you can hit a ball from forty yards and put it in the keepers hands and be on target or you could be a certain Scotland Striker Vs Norway and miss.  I know what chance was more likely to result in a goal.

Think the big problem with Vigurs is where to play him. He's not mobile enough and gets exposed way too easily if he plays as a deep lying playmaker and while his passing and vision are a huge asset in central mifield you need someone highly energetic next to him to harass opponents as he won't (read: Jackson Irvine). We've not had the balance for years to use him properly. I thought he worked fairly well with Jamie Lindsay but since then?

2 hours ago, Comrie said:

Think the big problem with Vigurs is where to play him. He's not mobile enough and gets exposed way too easily if he plays as a deep lying playmaker and while his passing and vision are a huge asset in central mifield you need someone highly energetic next to him to harass opponents as he won't (read: Jackson Irvine). We've not had the balance for years to use him properly. I thought he worked fairly well with Jamie Lindsay but since then?

His first time around playing narrow on the left. Brilliant.  Unfortunately he isn’t that player anymore.   

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

His first time around playing narrow on the left. Brilliant.  Unfortunately he isn’t that player anymore.   

Yeah, that's pretty much how I saw it. He was a marmite type player in his first spell too but there were good players & runners around him which again allowed time and space to pick amazing passes. I was a fan of Scotty Morrison, really good overlapping left back.

This most recent time with us all of our managers have tried to turn Iain Vigurs into a Paul Lawson, yes some of the passing and deliveries are top notch but there's far more to that role than that.

2 minutes ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Hi, just wondered if anyone knew whether Matthew Wright is any good? I’m a Brora fan & we’ve signed him on loan until January, so be interesting to hear your thoughts on him 🙂

He’s very highly rated by the club, hence he was one of the few not chucked when Coronavirus hit.  Looks unbelievably raw, though.  He also grows appalling facial hair. 

57 minutes ago, MrMartinBlack9 said:

Hi, just wondered if anyone knew whether Matthew Wright is any good? I’m a Brora fan & we’ve signed him on loan until January, so be interesting to hear your thoughts on him 🙂

Impressed in pre season and got a goal, not seen much of him but he should be decent for you

15 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Absurdly got excited when I saw the thread had been rescued from the 2nd page, foolishly expected that County had signed someone. Maybe a wide player. Alas.

Hopefully this cheers you up a bit, a video of our new intensive training regime.

1 hour ago, UAE1929 said:

There is something rather disconcerting about Mackay's continued use of "Mr MacGregor". 

It's not a name I can hear without thinking of the antagonist in Peter Rabbit. Maybe rabbit pie will be on the menu of the new caterers?

image.png.a66e0e1b5082641188f6b47eefe533b6.png

Edited by Forfinn

25 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Well, at least we can't sign any more loan players now.

I may be wrong but I think the six player loan restriction is only if they come in from other Scottish clubs.

Malky still has time to have a full team of loan signings before the window closes allowing the fans to feel fully invested in “our” club really enjoy developing players for other clubs.

Looking forward to Sunday The Loan Arrangers vs The Rangers.

Ryan Kent must be petrified facing RCC or Randall.

#shambles