The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hopefully that's them just getting the least exciting signing out of the way first. You'd hope we've not brought in a goalkeeper on loan who can't get a game for League One Charlton to replace Laidlaw as number one. As a backup, allowing Munro to go out on loan to get meaningful first team experience, then fair enough. Although you do wonder what's in it for Maynard-Brewer in that case.

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Let’s play the annual game of ‘Where’s Ross Munro getting punted to this year then?’.

Elgin. He’ll make it a permanent move. 

At least the club has back up keeper and central midfield sorted.  I repeat, yet again, that they have no wingers and are relying on Blair Spittal to create chances. That team’s absolutely awful. 

34 minutes ago, Loki said:

What’s the point of an on loan keeper to sit on your bench?  And if he’s signed to replace Laidlaw, what’s the point in replacing him for a season?

Can we get a centre half to replace Coll “here’s a penalty” Donaldson?

Cheap wages probably with the perk of having a decent keeper as back up instead of a youth player. I know Baxter was on 8k a week at Chelsea but we were only paying £500.

I agree though, I'm amazed clubs are allowing to send loan keepers to us when they must know they're unlikely to play going by the last few we've had.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Elgin. He’ll make it a permanent move. 

At least the club has back up keeper and central midfield sorted.  I repeat, yet again, that they have no wingers and are relying on Blair Spittal to create chances. That team’s absolutely awful. 

Have you not noticed we're playing 3-5-2 yet? I doubt we'll be signing many wingers and instead wing backs. 

It's similar to the situation last season when Motherwell fans were a bit surprised they let their winger Jermaine Hylton go to us but he didn't fit their formation.

Just now, staggy4life said:

Have you not noticed we're playing 3-5-2 yet? I doubt we'll be signing many wingers and instead wing backs. 

It's similar to the situation last season when Motherwell fans were a bit surprised they let their winger Jermaine Hylton go to us but he didn't fit their formation.

No, we'll sign more central midfielders and play them out of position.

8 minutes ago, staggy4life said:

Just went back to this week's P&J Northern Goal podcast to get the direct quote from Andy Skinner:

"From what I understand, I think Malky will revert to a back four when he's got the numbers for it. They have been playing three at the back in the first few games but once he's got that real depth across the squad it's more likely to be a back four he goes back to."

The first four words suggest that might not just be idle press speculation.

Malky has always gone for a 4? At Wigan and Cardiff he was from memory a fairly rigid 4-3-3/4-5-1 user. Admittedly at Cardiff it was with Craig Bellamy on insane money.

Edited by Comrie

How many do we have in on loan now, 4? 5?

Okay we have five.

Burroughs

Vokins
Clarke
Maynard-Brewer
Robertson

Edited by Comrie

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

How many do we have in on loan now, 4? 5?

the two today, Vokins, Robertson and Clarke so that's 5 of our 8 signings this season.

and one of the signings was signed in January.

Edited by staggy1929