The General Ross County Chat Thread

48 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Almost as if the club has lost its way, somewhat.

Edit: Give us your money for season tickets, but we won’t send you the actual tickets, nor allow you to have any catering, nor let you even know who the caterers will be at some time in the future, or tell you what the match day experience will be like.  What we will say, though, is that the one thing the club has a reputation for doing well - providing haggis pies - won’t happen any more.  We don’t know what the team will be, and we don’t know how many players we will have.  We will rely on Blair Spittal and Connor Randall, though.   The five signings we promised you to encourage a feel good factor turned out to be three, and one of those was counted twice.   At the same time, the public relations and season tickets will all be handled by one guy on 20 hrs per week, and our Twitter feed will turn into a semi-literate hotbed of biased, tone-deaf, vaguely antagonistic nonsense.  We’ll also get incompetent volunteers to take all the team photos, and not bother updating the website.  And about the manager…

Anything I’ve missed?  Even being as fair to the club as it is possible to be - there’s a pandemic, after all - the last couple of weeks have been a complete shambles.  

Perhaps a smidgen of David Murray braggadocio in the club's messaging and maybe a sense of entitlement in the consumer?

41 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Did Deas provide the pies on matchday? Walking down the high street after the game on Saturday for the first time in a while and noticed both shops were closed. If they didn’t provide the Haggis Pies, at least, then their’s tasted extremely similar to the ones at the stadium. May have had an impact if so?

Surely they'd be closed by that time on a Saturday? 

I was in Deas pre-match for a pie, it was very nice indeed.

So, Malky in the papers yesterdays suggesting that of the new players for the week, two of those are Regan Charles-Cook and Harry Paton.  

He’s now “hoping for” two more by the end of this week.

11 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Almost as if the club has lost its way, somewhat.

Edit: Give us your money for season tickets, but we won’t send you the actual tickets, nor allow you to have any catering, nor let you even know who the caterers will be at some time in the future, or tell you what the match day experience will be like.  What we will say, though, is that the one thing the club has a reputation for doing well - providing haggis pies - won’t happen any more.  We don’t know what the team will be, and we don’t know how many players we will have.  We will rely on Blair Spittal and Connor Randall, though.   The five signings we promised you to encourage a feel good factor turned out to be three, and one of those was counted twice.   At the same time, the public relations and season tickets will all be handled by one guy on 20 hrs per week, and our Twitter feed will turn into a semi-literate hotbed of biased, tone-deaf, vaguely antagonistic nonsense.  We’ll also get incompetent volunteers to take all the team photos, and not bother updating the website.  And about the manager…

Anything I’ve missed?  Even being as fair to the club as it is possible to be - there’s a pandemic, after all - the last couple of weeks have been a complete shambles.  

Yeah but, your owner makes sure you stay in the league every year?

The Mackay interview in the P&J is another car crash. It certainly doesn't look like we will sign anywhere as many players as he has previously mentioned. 

I’ve said it before, we need to not have the kids on the bench, we need to have men on the bench

The average age of the six players we have currently taken in is under 23 

Apparently another two will "hopefully" join by the end of the week, and then there is still a couple of weeks before the window shuts to try and get a few others. It certainly doesn't seem like this has been a well thought out process. 

13 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm assuming from DPM's statement that the club have demanded a bigger share of takings from Tea Bar sales. It's pretty shoddy stuff again from MacGregor if that is the case.

Hopefully another local company like Deas or Red Poppy can get the catering contract, but I fear it will be the same overpriced awful catering that just about every other Premiership has.

RIP in peace to the Victoria Park steak pie.

It's probably the bit in bold, but I'm holding out hope that we're going with something next-level - gourmet pies (including haggis), vegan options and freshly brewed coffee. The fact it's impossible to get a decent coffee at a football ground has annoyed me for years. I'd happily pay extra for a coffee that doesn't taste like dirt mixed with scalding hot water and UHT milk.

I think I'm right in saying Deas supplied the pies to DPM? If so, there's hope the new caterer will continue with what's popular and keep the same offering. It would be madness not to. Unless, of course, the reason the new caterer is able to undercut DPM is because they're sourcing their pies more cheaply elsewhere.

Edited by Forfinn

6 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

It's probably the bit in bold, but I'm holding out hope that we're going with something next-level - gourmet pies (including haggis), vegan options and freshly brewed coffee. The fact it's impossible to get a decent coffee at a football ground has annoyed me for years. I'd happily pay extra for a coffee that doesn't taste like dirt mixed with scalding hot water and UHT milk.

I think I'm right in saying Deas supplied the pies to DPM? If so, there's hope the new caterer will continue with what's popular and keep the same offering. It would be madness not to. Unless, of course, the reason the new caterer is able to undercut DPM is because they're sourcing their pies more cheaply elsewhere.

The quality of catering at football in this country is nothing short of a disgrace.  It harks back to the days where it was 2p to get in, and it’s still the same old shite.  Football clubs - not just ours - treat their own fans like crap.  I’d have no problem if the club does go with artisanal pies or whatever.  It’d also be great to cater for alternative diets as well, but that’s far too progressive for Scottish football.  

It’ll be the same overcooked pies and “beefy drink”.

Edited by Savage Henry

8 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Why on gods green earth are we linked with Ewan Henderson again...

Is this based on anything other than a tweet from someone called @journoSpflMukka with 15 followers?

8 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Why on gods green earth are we linked with Ewan Henderson again...

We’ve never replaced Stephen Kelly in the occasionally-tidy-but-hopelessly-passive-and-totally-ineffective-yet-hyped-by-all-the-ITK-journos-and-fandans role.  

33 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Is this based on anything other than a tweet from someone called @journoSpflMukka with 15 followers?

aye it's the tweet I seen, hopefully there's zero credibility to it. Aside from a Norwegian boy coming in I've heard nothing else concrete  about anyone coming in so who knows.

5 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

aye it's the tweet I seen, hopefully there's zero credibility to it. Aside from a Norwegian boy coming in I've heard nothing else concrete  about anyone coming in so who knows.

img.a.transfermarkt.technology/portrait/big/418...

So that's where the budget is going! 

No wonder they are looking to take more of the tea bar revenue.