The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

The manager said himself he expected 3 in by Tuesday and another 2 by the end of the week. We've had 1 in so far on the Monday. We were told the week before that we had around 3 or 4 that were waiting for our COVID issues to subside and they'd be in the door and that didn't happen. It's less of there being a deadline and more the club needing to pull the finger out because we're approaching our second league game of the season with half a squad. 

Lest we forget, the club has announced Cancola twice.  

1 hour ago, staggy1929 said:

The manager said himself he expected 3 in by Tuesday and another 2 by the end of the week. We've had 1 in so far on the Monday. We were told the week before that we had around 3 or 4 that were waiting for our COVID issues to subside and they'd be in the door and that didn't happen. It's less of there being a deadline and more the club needing to pull the finger out because we're approaching our second league game of the season with half a squad. 

It'll happen when it's ready, if not and it happens to fall through because someone offered a better contact elsewhere then so be it, I'm sure they'll move onto another target. The same as any other club.

It just seems ott & a tad dramatic to almost demand signings announced today, on what imo is quite a boring Wednesday tbqh.

41 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Ciaran Dickson , recently released by rangers

Yeah, heard his name discussed. A right sided attacking midfielder. 

Some suggestions that he could be a bam but that he does have talent/potential, he's on a trial with Burnley atm I believe. I know very little of him myself.

3 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

It'll happen when it's ready, if not and it happens to fall through because someone offered a better contact elsewhere then so be it, I'm sure they'll move onto another target. The same as any other club.

It just seems ott & a tad dramatic to almost demand signings announced today, on what imo is quite a boring Wednesday tbqh.

People'd not be demanding signings today if they'd not promised a bunch of new arrivals yesterday. Or the end of last week.

Folk don't like being strung along.

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

We have about 15 senior players... I'm not demanding signings today, The chairman and the manager are the ones not keeping their word when it comes to signings, I know for a fact a couple have fallen through (Taylor, Shinnie etc) but you'd have thought if we have said we're signing players by a certain date we'd do it.

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

If Shinniesta had signed for you lot I think I would have been in tears.

As I understand it, the club expected an audible tantrum coming from your house.  Livingston just offered a fair whack more and that was that.  Or his agent is up to stuff and nonsense. 

47 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

The issue is the fact that Mackay has said twice that a certain amount of players will be in by such a date, and on both occasions it hasn't happened. If they were unsure about players signing etc, then don't come out with specifics, be open about it "we still expect a few more players in the door by the end of the window". Obviously this has nothing to do with the club actively still trying to sell season tickets...

As for the any other club comment, in the league the likes of Hearts / Motherwell got rid of a similar number but have replaced them, whereas we are still waiting. Of course it goes back to the whole MacGregor spiel about the club finding it's identity again. The past couple of years haven't been particularly great overall, but these past few months are laughable. 

9 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

DPM no longer doing the pies etc… 😭

Almost as if the club has lost its way, somewhat.

Edit: Give us your money for season tickets, but we won’t send you the actual tickets, nor allow you to have any catering, nor let you even know who the caterers will be at some time in the future, or tell you what the match day experience will be like.  What we will say, though, is that the one thing the club has a reputation for doing well - providing haggis pies - won’t happen any more.  We don’t know what the team will be, and we don’t know how many players we will have.  We will rely on Blair Spittal and Connor Randall, though.   The five signings we promised you to encourage a feel good factor turned out to be three, and one of those was counted twice.   At the same time, the public relations and season tickets will all be handled by one guy on 20 hrs per week, and our Twitter feed will turn into a semi-literate hotbed of biased, tone-deaf, vaguely antagonistic nonsense.  We’ll also get incompetent volunteers to take all the team photos, and not bother updating the website.  And about the manager…

Anything I’ve missed?  Even being as fair to the club as it is possible to be - there’s a pandemic, after all - the last couple of weeks have been a complete shambles.  

Edited by Savage Henry

I'm assuming from DPM's statement that the club have demanded a bigger share of takings from Tea Bar sales. It's pretty shoddy stuff again from MacGregor if that is the case.

Hopefully another local company like Deas or Red Poppy can get the catering contract, but I fear it will be the same overpriced awful catering that just about every other Premiership has.

RIP in peace to the Victoria Park steak pie.

Did Deas provide the pies on matchday? Walking down the high street after the game on Saturday for the first time in a while and noticed both shops were closed. If they didn’t provide the Haggis Pies, at least, then their’s tasted extremely similar to the ones at the stadium. May have had an impact if so?