The General Ross County Chat Thread

Were we not meant to have another 2 in today?

Interview with Sky on Saturday was 3 in on Monday and 5 by the end of the week. If one of them was Cancola, then that's a nonsense. But even so, we are still a few short of what was said.

Genuinely curious as to if these are the same ones we were promised last week or if they fell through.

3 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Interview with Sky on Saturday was 3 in on Monday and 5 by the end of the week. If one of them was Cancola, then that's a nonsense. But even so, we are still a few short of what was said.

Genuinely curious as to if these are the same ones we were promised last week or if they fell through.

Seeing stuff on twitter about Ben Paton being one that's coming in which would be pretty decent, if they're counting Cancola, a player who was announced a week ago but signed in January as one of this weeks new players then I'll be fairly gutted. 

42 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

I’ve heard that the club expected Shinnie to sign, and that he’d have been one of those. Still, doesn't explain counting the Austrian player twice, or even counting him at all as Mackay had nothing to do with it. 

edit: Squad number klaxon: Cancola gets 4.

Edited by Savage Henry

Guest Shetlie60N
35 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Seeing stuff on twitter about Ben Paton being one that's coming in which would be pretty decent, if they're counting Cancola, a player who was announced a week ago but signed in January as one of this weeks new players then I'll be fairly gutted. 

Any relation to Harry ?

Guest Shetlie60N
8 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

seems to be from what I've seen but who knows at this point. Another midfielder though which is weird

Aye the transfer policy seems very similar to one of my football manager saves lol 

7 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Ben Paton has had no luck with injuries , would be an interesting signing I think he is a left midfielder 

If only. He’s a left footed central midfielder.  I really don’t see how that adds to the squad at all. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

If only. He’s a left footed central midfielder.  I really don’t see how that adds to the squad at all. 

Transfermarkt (I know not the greatest source admittedly) has him down as predominantly a left midfielder having also played centre mid and left back , but I imagine you’ve done some proper research and he’ll be a centre mid , be handy if he can play a few positions though

13 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Transfermarkt (I know not the greatest source admittedly) has him down as predominantly a left midfielder having also played centre mid and left back , but I imagine you’ve done some proper research and he’ll be a centre mid , be handy if he can play a few positions though

There’s an interview with him on the Blackburn Rovers website saying he prefers playing as a CM. 

This allows people from other parts of the world to have a look and have every question answered in terms of the club, its history, what it looks like, the area, airports, the city, doctors, schools, restaurants.

I thought Cancola signed because he wanted to test himself in Scotland, turns out he just wants a Wimpy.

I remember doing a school project about Dingwall, lots of facts and information. The club could have just asked for that. 

1 hour ago, UAE1929 said:

I thought Cancola signed because he wanted to test himself in Scotland, turns out he just wants a Wimpy.

I remember doing a school project about Dingwall, lots of facts and information. The club could have just asked for that. 

Faintly embarrassing, isn’t it?  By trying to make the club attractive, they’ve managed to make it look tinpot and parochial.   

But this is a club that pays the “brand manager” minimum wage for 20hrs per week, and relies on volunteers for club videos and photos.  

43 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

SURELY today is the day.

Why, have I missed something, what's the necessity in having deals concluded for today?

It's Wednesday, I'd have maybe thought Friday for an announcement of anyone knew just so it's in the weekend press.  It's very unlikely anyone coming in would be considered for the playing squad for Sunday anyway, maybe they will but it's unlikely.

Other than Harry's younger (left sided) brother, has there been any rumours of names mentioned?

3 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Why, have I missed something, what's the necessity in having deals concluded for today?

It's Wednesday, I'd have maybe thought Friday for an announcement of anyone knew just so it's in the weekend press.  It's very unlikely anyone coming in would be considered for the playing squad for Sunday anyway, maybe they will but it's unlikely.

Other than Harry's younger (left sided) brother, has there been any rumours of names mentioned?

The manager said himself he expected 3 in by Tuesday and another 2 by the end of the week. We've had 1 in so far on the Monday. We were told the week before that we had around 3 or 4 that were waiting for our COVID issues to subside and they'd be in the door and that didn't happen. It's less of there being a deadline and more the club needing to pull the finger out because we're approaching our second league game of the season with half a squad.