The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 minute ago, yoda said:

I feel sorry for Charles-Cook. He's never had an extended run in the team in his favoured position. Sporadic appearances here and there and most of them as a wing-back.

Yeah.  He’s been there a year, and nobody knows if he’s any good or not.

17 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

The constant shite about Malky was getting boring. The season will be even longer if everyone keeps bickering about our manager. Can we all not just support and back the team?

No. Not while that involves whitewashing a racist. Football isn't actually that important, have some perspective.

22 minutes ago, yoda said:

I feel sorry for Charles-Cook. He's never had an extended run in the team in his favoured position. Sporadic appearances here and there and most of them as a wing-back.

I thought he did pretty well defensively against Rooney yesterday he got in quite a few good tackles but again also thought he was disappointing going forward.  It's unfair as he's never had a run of games as you say but on the field, he just looks like a sand-dancer with no end product, or product at all from what we've been shown.   He just runs away from the goal, into trouble, can't seem to find a team-mate with the ball ever and takes the wrong option when presented with an opportunity to shoot.

Thought Charles cook did fine at left wing back yesterday.

callachan and spittal both decent and iacovitti the only cb who filled me with confidence 

liked the way Samuel put himself about and roughed up the opposition centre half’s 

a few signings and I think we will be in a decent place

Mackay is confident of adding further numbers in the coming days, and he said: “We should have three coming in on Monday or Tuesday, and maybe two coming in by the end of the week. We need to get the kids out on loan.

Interesting to see if these lads are permanent signings, or again loans. 

As for those saying the anti Mackay narrative is getting boring, or going full on whataboutery by saying "but he didn't send all the texts", get in the bin. The bloke is a complete p***k, and deserves every bit of abuse that he gets. 

25 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

19 year old, attacking right sided midfielder Ciaran Dickson has been linked on a permanent deal, he's currently on trial with Burnley.

Is he not the guy who took out James Keatings and then applauded the referee for booking him for diving?  That was pretty funny, to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is he not the guy who took out James Keatings and then applauded the referee for booking him for diving?  That was pretty funny, to be fair.

He's the one Rangers released from his contract, and QOS ended his loan early, for being an absolute fucking clown.

10 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Coming away from city life to the Highlands might be a good idea for him.  

Agreed, although roasters will be roasters regardless of their surroundings for the most part.
I have heard a few rumours from various sources and I'll say if we get who we want in it'll be fairly wild.

2 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Agreed, although roasters will be roasters regardless of their surroundings for the most part.
I have heard a few rumours from various sources and I'll say if we get who we want in it'll be fairly wild.

Ah go'an share the rumours with us, it's not as if we'll tell anyone?

It's monday morning, some exciting rumours could brighten up my shift at work.

21 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

You've obviously not been to Inverness for a while, Frank. It's probably got a higher "belter per capita" ratio than Glasgow.

And that's before we include all the shire folk who descend on the city for a Friday and Saturday night out.

Edited by yoda

5 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Ah go'an share the rumours with us, it's not as if we'll tell anyone?

It's monday morning, some exciting rumours could brighten up my shift at work.

some ex-prem players and some from foreign lands is what I'll say.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Isn't that what was said re: Adam Strachan and then he destroyed the toilets in the Mallard one night.....and not in the "I've just had a hot curry and now will proceed to evacuate my entire insides kind of way"

14 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Isn't that what was said re: Adam Strachan and then he destroyed the toilets in the Mallard one night.....and not in the "I've just had a hot curry and now will proceed to evacuate my entire insides kind of way"

He is probably one of the biggest roasters we've ever had. A complete scumbag of a player and a person.