The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Hjelde now plays in the Lowland League.  Wild.

Absolutely wild that he was playing against Stirling Uni last night, while Celtic have a boy making his first senior start at CB. Saw somewhere last week that Leeds are after him so don't know if that is why hes been banished to the B team

8 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Absolutely wild that he was playing against Stirling Uni last night, while Celtic have a boy making his first senior start at CB. Saw somewhere last week that Leeds are after him so don't know if that is why hes been banished to the B team

Celtic are absolutely dysfunctional at the moment (a faintly familiar feeling).  But there may be some truth in what you say.

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

But... this guy is a pretty intriguing signing.  Undersized centre back/ full back - he's only listed at 5'10.  Converted midfielder.   I'm guessing/hoping he's a ball carrying centre half. 

Figures will be affected by a run as a full back, but...

download.thumb.png.2ed62d7c036675068e2798c9465a8806.png

19 hours ago, MarkPockets said:

Yeah he would have almost certainly have got game time in our qualifiers but I think he’s only got a year left and not signing a new deal with the Leeds interest. Personally given how fucked we are defensively right now I think its stupidity freezing him out as we need centre backs and his value could go up playing in them.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Figures will be affected by a run as a full back, but...

download.thumb.png.2ed62d7c036675068e2798c9465a8806.png

what is it with county and signing players who appear to be completely unable to tackle

25 minutes ago, Comrie said:

what is it with county and signing players who appear to be completely unable to tackle

I’m going to guess that the more tackles made, the lower the “clean tackle” tends to be.  Essentially clean tackles are rarer than you might think.   But of course, how do you define a clean tackle?

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m going to guess that the more tackles made, the lower the “clean tackle” tends to be.  Essentially clean tackles are rarer than you might think.   But of course, how do you define a clean tackle?

Clean tackler is how many fouls they give away. Couldn't think of a better name 😂

Your man there gives away a lot of fouls as his score in that category is low.

Ground ball winner is defensive duels won and Interceptions. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 29/07/2021 at 11:16, billyg said:

Clarke had 35 appearances for Oldham last season , which suggests he's pretty decent , and probably going to get better !

Harry Clarke  is meant to be having a medical with County today, the deal is all agreed and should be finalised in the next 24 to 48 hours.

https://dailycannon.com/2021/07/harry-clarke-medical-ross-county-loan/

In other news, the Scottish government's Finance Secretary, Katie Forbes, was married in Dingwall and had her wedding photos taken at Victoria Park.  - Congratulations!

Are her and her new husband County supporters? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-minister-kate-forbes-celebrates-24646123

31 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

In other news, the Scottish government's Finance Secretary, Katie Forbes, was married in Dingwall and had her wedding photos taken at Victoria Park.  - Congratulations!

Are her and her new husband County supporters? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-minister-kate-forbes-celebrates-24646123

More interested in the Harry Clarke news, but she sounds like a bit of a weirdo.  Although quite why her wedding photos (presumably sent with her knowledge to the Daily Record) turned into an analysis on her views on homosexuality is beyond me.  A subtle reference to Mackay, perhaps.  Anyway.  Wingers please.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Her views on homosexuality is beyond me.  A subtle reference to Mackay, perhaps. 

The article is clearly directed at her religious views (free church) and have no subtle references whatsoever to Malky Mackay. Your posts are getting more and more embarrassing. 

More interested in the Harry Clarke news, but she sounds like a bit of a weirdo.  Although quite why her wedding photos (presumably sent with her knowledge to the Daily Record) turned into an analysis on her views on homosexuality is beyond me.  A subtle reference to Mackay, perhaps.  Anyway.  Wingers please.  

No matter what the topic of conversation on a post, you still manage to have a dig at Mackay in one way or another. Understand you don’t like the guy and you’re quite entitled not to but f**k me you’ve made your point.

No matter what the topic of conversation on a post, you still manage to have a dig at Mackay in one way or another. Understand you don’t like the guy and you’re quite entitled not to but f**k me you’ve made your point.

Stick with it Savage Henry[emoji106]

2 hours ago, humbleheart said:

Stick with it Savage Henryemoji106.png

If it irritates the old and humourless  “give him a second chance, everything at the club is rosey” happy clappers, then I certainly shall.  

Edited by Savage Henry

There isn't half a bunch of touchy County fans on here. Thought it was fairly clear Savage was taking the piss - nuance from the Daily Record, I don't think so! - yet some feel the need to strongly defend Mackay to the hilt.

Honestly, if you can't let a comment like that go from one of our own, you're in for a long season.